Published by: Ingrid King. Last Updated on: June 29, 2023 by Crystal Uys
You’ve probably seen them online: cats who hike, camp, rock climb and surf. They seem to be fearless and accompany their adventure loving humans everywhere. As someone whose idea of camping is the closest Holiday Inn, I can’t quite relate to what appears to be a hot new trend, and I know Allegra and Ruby would not make good adventure cats (although Ruby disagrees with my assessment.)
If you’ve ever wondered about whether your cat would be suited to the Adventure Cat lifestyle, a new book, Adventure Cats: Living Nine Lives to the Fullest, will tell you everything you need to know about this way of life.
In addition to stunning photographs of cats in outdoor settings, the book covers
- how to determine whether your cat would be suited to be an adventure cat
- the basics of leash training
- safety aspects of taking your cat into the great outdoors
- hiking and camping with cats
- surfing, sailing and swimming with cats
- winter adventures with cats
- having outdoor adventures with your cat closer to home
I love that the book not only introduces to reader to some adventurous kitties, but gets into the nuts and bolts of how to take your cat along on outdoor activities while keeping her safe and happy.
Adventure Cats is available from Amazon and everywhere books are sold.
Would your cats be suited to be adventure cats?
About the author
Ingrid King is an award-winning author, former veterinary hospital manager, and veterinary journalist who is passionate about cats.