Remembering Ruby: That Time When the Girls Had a Tunnel Adventure

cat-tunnel

I am so grateful to have eight years of Ruby’s Reflections to look back on, even though of course, eight years isn’t nearly enough. We don’t realize how quickly we can forget the small, everyday things after we lose a loved one. It’s one of the many reasons why I encourage people to journal after they lose a cat and write down as many memories as they can. Capturing memories while they’re fresh in our minds is a precious gift to ourselves.

Today’s memory goes back to June 2011. Ruby had been with us for about three months. We had just gotten a crinkle tunnel and the girls had a lot of fun with it – until one day, when the tunnel seemingly took on a life of its own.

Click here to read Allegra and Ruby’s Great Adventure.

10 Comments on Remembering Ruby: That Time When the Girls Had a Tunnel Adventure

1. Sandy Weinstein
    June 25, 2021 at 6:00 am (1 month ago)

It is so wonderful that you have such great pictures of Ruby to remember the lovely times.

2. Nancy
    June 23, 2021 at 10:34 am (1 month ago)

Precious memories. I love reading about Ruby, even if I end up a little teary-eyed. Thank you for sharing, Ingrid. Ruby was such a beautiful girl!

3. Nancy West
    June 23, 2021 at 10:32 am (1 month ago)

Precious. I love reading these memories, even if I am left a teary-eyed. Thank you for sharing, Ingrid. Ruby was a beautiful girl.

4. Eleanor Skibo
    June 19, 2021 at 9:35 pm (1 month ago)

I always love remembering Ruby! When I think of her, ‘tuna cake’ comes to my mind; she made it
    famous. I’m sure wherever Ruby is, it’s probably sunny and bright with soft places to take a nap and fun filled items to investigate. And of course there must be tuna cake, somewhere.

June 20, 2021 at 4:12 am (1 month ago)

I like to think that she introduced tuna cake to all the cats in the great beyond 🙂

5. Summer
    June 18, 2021 at 10:39 pm (1 month ago)

One of the reasons my human loves my blog is that it’s a record of my life with her from even before I came home. And also Binga and Boodie and Sparkle.

6. Timmy Tomcat
    June 18, 2021 at 12:19 pm (1 month ago)

What a fun adventure. Then again every day with cats is an adventure. Purrs

7. Gina
    June 18, 2021 at 7:59 am (1 month ago)

I love reading Remembering Ruby. it’s so nice to hear about her life with you. This one in particular reminded me of the tunnel adventure in our house. My little one, Ell, loved the crinkle tunnel but her bigger sister wasn’t happy with it at all. Who knew that the bigger kitty would be the one scared of everything. Ell would deliberately go into the tunnel and jump around and her sister would run from the room. My brave Ell went OTRB in December. I like your idea of journaling so I’ve been writing down my memories of her life.

8. Nancy Faulkner
    June 18, 2021 at 7:06 am (1 month ago)

I enjoy Remembering Ruby! We are connected to our cats in many ways. Please, keep posting memories of Ruby.

Thanks, for the memories!

Nancy

9. Janine
    June 18, 2021 at 6:49 am (1 month ago)

This is such a fun memory.