This post contains affiliate links*
Summer seems to have arrived early this year, so this is a good time to review PetFusion’s new cooling blanket. This innovative blanket absorbs and releases your cat’s body heat, keeping her cool and comfortable.
Cooling blanket features
- Made of 80% nylon and 20% cool technology polyethylene fabric.
- Lightweight & breathable at under 3lbs, this blanket is cool to the touch.
- Quality construction, shed and pill resistant, featuring a stylish in-seam.
- Machine washable, tumble dry at low heat.
- Passed strict international safety tests (European REACH safety standards, which are stricter than US standards.)
- 12 month warranty for any issue resulting from a manufacturer defect.
Putting the cooling blanket to the test
The blanket definitely feels cool to the touch – cooler than the ambient room temperature. It’s also very soft.
I wasn’t sure whether Allegra would go for this blanket since my little girl is a heat seeking missile, following the sun puddles around our house all day long. But I barely had time to fold it and put it on the floor before she claimed it as her own. After she got up from it, the spot were she had rested felt cool to the touch, so the blanket is definitely doing what it’s supposed to be doing.
This is a great blanket for cats who tend to seek out cool spots in the house, or for homes without air conditioning. If your cats tend to not use their beds over the warm months, covering them with this blanket might make them more attractive to them. I think it would also work well in a feral cat shelter during the hot summer months.
The PetFusion Cooling blanket is available from Amazon.
*The Conscious Cat is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. This means that if you decide to purchase through any of our links, we get a small commission. We only spread the word about products and services we’ve either used or would use ourselves.