This post contains affiliate links*
I previously reviewed two of Okaysou’s air purifiers, the AirMic 4S and the AirMax 8L, and included them in my 10 Best Cat Products of 2020 list. I was excited when Okaysou asked me to review their newest model, the AirMAx 10L Pro.
AirMax 10L Pro features
- This air purifier has three filters: a medical grade dual nano ionic silver antibacterial filter, a honeycomb activated carbon filter, and an H13 HEPA filter with a washable pre-filter. The nano ionic silver filter captures pathogenic microorganisms, reaching a sterilization rate of up to 99.99%. The honeycomb filter removes odors, including pet odors, and absorbs VOC’s and toxic substances. The washable pre-filter captures large particles such as hair, fur, lint and fibers. The HEPA filter captures airborne pollutants as small as 0.3 microns.
- A smart sensor monitors your air quality and displays it in real time via an indicator light on the front of the air purifier.
- There are three modes of operation: Auto, Eco and Turbo. When running the air purifier in Eco mode, it will stop running when no pollution is detected.
- This powerful but quite model purifies a room up to 1,000 sq ft in one hour, 600 sq ft in 30 minutes, 300 sq ft in 15 minutes.
- 100% ozone-free.
- 5-year warranty, life-time USA-based customer support.
Putting the AirMax 10L Pro to the test
This model took all the features I’ve come to love about the AirMic 4S and AirMax 8L and made them even better. Like the other two, this one is easy to assemble: all you have to do is take the filters out of the plastic wrap, insert them, and plug it in. You’re good to go!
I love the sleek, minimalist design. You don’t want your air purifier to be a conversation piece, and this gorgeous design easily blends in with any decor.
I didn’t think it was possible, but on Auto or Eco modes, this purifier is even quieter than the other two models, and you can barely hear those. Allegra’s favorite bed is right next to it, and she sleeps in it for hours, so it clearly doesn’t bother her much more refined hearing either.
My favorite feature is the indicator light combined with the Eco mode. For starters, it was nice to see that the air quality in my home is in the blue zone, and I love that it shuts itself off until it detects pollutants before it turns itself on again.
The biggest difference I’ve noticed since I started using Okaysou’s products is that I no longer wake up with a stuffy nose, a common occurrence most mornings prior to using these air purifiers. The difference has been dramatic, and I have to believe that that means that the air quality in my home in general is improved.
We don’t have much of an issue with litter box odors since I pretty much scoop as soon as Allegra uses the box, but the AirMax 10L Pro makes quick work of the occasional smelly deposit, when the “scent” lingers even after it’s been removed. It only takes a minute or two to completely clear the air.
As always, the real test for me was going to be cooking odors. I really dislike having my house smell like the dinner I enjoyed for hours after I finish my meal. The AirMax 10L performed exceptionally well. Even after making a very fragrant fish dinner, it cleared the lingering odors within just a few minutes.
I love this air purifier so much that I’m awarding it the year’s first Seal of Approval.
Visit Okaysou.com for more information and to purchase. The Okaysou AirMax 10L Pro is also available from Amazon.
*The Conscious Cat is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. The Conscious Cat is an affiliate partner of Okaysou. his means that if you decide to purchase through any of our links, we get a small commission. We only spread the word about products and services we’ve either used or would use ourselves. We received this product from Okaysu at no charge for the purpose of this review. Neither the affiliate commission nor the free product influenced our review. All reviews on The Conscious Cat always reflect my own opinion.