Purrs_of_Wisdom_Conscious_Living_Feline_Style_Ingrid_King

This post contains affiliate links*

It’s been six weeks since Ruby died, and I still can’t wrap my mind around the fact that my precious girl is gone. Of course, she will always live on in my heart and my memories of our time together, but as anyone who has lost a soul cat knows, it’s just not the same.

She also lives on in my work. Her column Ruby’s Reflections will always be available on this site. There are hundreds of “Ruby Tuesday” photos of her on Facebook and Instagram. I know she loved knowing that so many people enjoyed her stories, and her beauty.

A little over a year after she joined our family, she became the cover girl for my first Purrs of Wisdom book, Purrs of Wisdom: Conscious Living, Feline Style. The cover was designed by the incredibly talented artist and graphic designer Bernadette Kazmarski. The photo she used for the cover is still one of my all time favorite photos of Ruby.

Ruby was very proud of being a cover girl. And just so Allegra, who became the cover girl of Tortitude: The BIG Book of Cat With a BIG Attitude four years later, wouldn’t feel left out, she was featured on the back cover. Of course, you can imagine that Ruby teased Allegra to no end about being “only” on the back of the book.

Purrs-of-Wisdom-Ingrid-King

If you’re a newer reader, both volumes of Purrs of Wisdom are collections of essays features lessons in conscious living, inspired by the cats who have shared my life. Even though the first volume was published eight years ago, it has stood the test of time.

From help with every day challenges to inspiration on living a joyful life, the compilations provide encouragement, guidance, and enlightenment, feline style. Whether it’s creating balance, navigating turbulent times, or finding the magic in life’s ordinary moments, there’s something for everyone in this book.

The stories may remind you of lessons your own cats have taught you, provide “aha” moments, or simply make you smile.

Purrs of Wisdom: Conscious Living, Feline Style is available from Amazon.

If you’d like an autographed copy, please email me for pricing.

buy-from-amazon-blue

*The Conscious Cat is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. This means that if you decide to purchase through any of our links, we get a small commission. We only spread the word about products and services we’ve either used or would use ourselves.

Purrs pre-order banner

10 Comments on That Time When Ruby Was a Cover Girl: Purrs of Wisdom: Conscious Living, Feline Style

February 1, 2020 at 7:54 am (4 months ago)

Hugs to you.

2. D.
    January 31, 2020 at 5:54 pm (4 months ago)

dear Ingrid:

I feel so badly for you . I know six weeks seems like six seconds. I grieve for my tortie, Bambi, even now, over 2 years after losing her very suddenly.
    I still can’t talk about her without crying, to this very day.
    I hope your grief lessens soon.

February 1, 2020 at 6:15 am (4 months ago)

Thank you for your kind words.

3. Tracy Steen
    January 31, 2020 at 3:01 pm (4 months ago)

Dear Ingrid,
    I just wanted to say that your Ruby is and was so beautiful. And that I think you are amazing for having the courage and ability to speak about her so soon after your loss.

I know when i lost each of my cat babies I couldn’t really talk about them or look at their pictures for a long time. So I think your little girl would be proud of you for sharing about her to all of us.

I know that we are strangers and i never got to meet your sweet kitty, but as someone who shares your love of cats, Well, I can’t help loving her anyway.

I hope one day in the future the pain will lessen for you. It is SO hard to lose our little guys. I know that right now nothing can be said that will make it better, but I did want to share that as hard as it is to lose them, knowing we loved and cared for them becomes a real blessing when time goes by.

Sending you and Allegra and Ruby’s sweet spirit alot of hugs and sympathy,

Tracy

February 1, 2020 at 6:16 am (4 months ago)

Thank you for your beautiful words, Tracy.

4. Linda Chapman
    January 31, 2020 at 9:09 am (4 months ago)

Always yo be loved and “never” to be forgotten. May your dear Ruby be at peace and know one day you will be with her again. Sincerey, Linda

February 1, 2020 at 6:16 am (4 months ago)

Thanks, Linda.

5. Janine
    January 31, 2020 at 8:58 am (4 months ago)

I could just see Ruby teasing Allegra about being on the back. Ruby sure was a beautiful girl and her life did touch so many of us. She will live on through all the memories. Losing a soul cat is definitely the hardest. I lost Nani in 2012 and my feelings are still raw from it.

February 1, 2020 at 6:17 am (4 months ago)

Thank you, Janine. I know you understand.

6. Sandy Weinstein
    January 31, 2020 at 2:35 am (4 months ago)

it is so hard to get over the loss. i lost my oldest dog over 3 yrs ago, and i still cry and talk to her, (urn) and picture. i dont think you ever get over the loss of a pet. i know my mother never fo over the loss of my dog that i gave her, she continued to talk abt her, and tell me how much she missed her all of the time, she even had it in her trust that Rose was to be buried with her. it is so nice that you have such great memories and lots of pictures, stories to remember Ruby as she will live on and on.