Sunday Quote: Worry

Sunday-quote-worry

I’ve gotten better over the years about not wasting too much of my life worrying about things that may never happen, but it’s still a challenge for me. The above quote comes from the book You are a Badass Every Day: How to Keep Your Motivation Strong, Your Vibe High, and Your Quest for Transformation Unstoppable (affiliate link*) by Jen Sincero.

Don’t let the title turn you off – her “badass” series books are a treasure trove of motivation, inspiration, and advice, all delivered with Jen’s trademark humorous style. I highly recommend her books if you’re looking for a little help to get you started on transforming your life.

contribute banner ad

*The Conscious Cat is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. This means that if you decide to purchase through any of our links, we get a small commission. We only spread the word about products and services we’ve either used or would use ourselves.

7 Comments on Sunday Quote: Worry

January 6, 2019 at 2:52 pm (2 weeks ago)

I try not to worry too much but; sometimes it overtakes things.

2. Alice
    January 6, 2019 at 11:14 am (2 weeks ago)

I’ve found that the ideas of the psychologist Albert Ellis, as outlined in one of his books, “Guide to Rational Living,” have been absolutely the best ways I’ve found (and I have degrees in Psychology as well) for eliminating useless worry from my life as well as restructuring my thinking processes for a more, well, rational life. His books are easy to read. It just takes time and patience to teach yourself his tools for more productive thought processes. We all have learned to engage in self-defeating thoughts, but what can be learned can be unlearned no matter what your age. Although Dr. Ellis passed away many years ago, his ideas have helped shaped my life. I highly recommend reading his book(s).

3. Carol McK
    January 6, 2019 at 10:56 am (2 weeks ago)

Jen Sincero might put out some useful quuotes, but most of it is rehashing the Laws of Attraction. I considered getting her book, but after reading how she dismisses depression as laziness was insulting, not to mention dangerous….No thank you

4. Tricia Miller
    January 6, 2019 at 10:54 am (2 weeks ago)

I have one of her books and I loved it. Great recommendation

5. Helene Goldnadel
    January 6, 2019 at 8:18 am (2 weeks ago)

Exactly… Worrying can be helpful when it spurs you to take action and solve a problem.

6. Janine
    January 6, 2019 at 8:06 am (2 weeks ago)

This is something I have been trying to work on too.

7. Bonnie
    January 6, 2019 at 1:11 am (2 weeks ago)

Thanks, I really needed to hear that tonight!