Happy Mother’s Day

mothers-day-conscious-cat

My mom passed away 24 years ago, and Mother’s Day still is a bit of a bittersweet day. After all these years, the pain of missing her has faded. I feel her presence in my heart every single day, but I do miss her more today than on other days.

Mom and Feebee

My mom with Feebee, 1985

Whether you’re the mom of human or feline children, enjoy your special day. And if your mom is no longer with you, I hope today is filled with wonderful memories of your time together.

Purrs pre-order banner

10 Comments on Happy Mother’s Day

1. Allison
    May 13, 2018 at 6:32 pm (3 months ago)

Happy Mother’s Day! I’m sorry your mom is no longer with you. Mine died when I was young. It’s a bittersweet day.

2. caren gittleman
    May 13, 2018 at 1:11 pm (3 months ago)

I always love seeing your Mama and I LOVED seeing YOU, Ingrid! So pretty! Wishing you the happiest of Mother’s Days!!! xoxo

3. Janine
    May 13, 2018 at 12:19 pm (3 months ago)

Happy Mother’s Day!

4. Glogirly
    May 13, 2018 at 12:18 pm (3 months ago)

Happy Mother’s Day, Ingrid. I know what you mean about today being a bittersweet sort of day. I lost my mom just a few years before you. And I feel just the same…she’s in my heart every day. May today fill your heart with beautiful, cherished memories. ❤️

5. Brian Frum
    May 13, 2018 at 10:10 am (3 months ago)

Happy Mother’s Day to a very special cat Mom!

6. Laurie
    May 13, 2018 at 9:58 am (3 months ago)

Thank you for your Mother’s Day post. I lost my Mom 4 years ago and she was my best friend. When I was in college my Mom sent me a letter from my cat Tobie every week. How I wish I had kept some of those notes. Tobie passed away a few decades ago and I never think of Tobie without remembering those lovely notes.

• Steven Howard
      May 13, 2018 at 12:38 pm (3 months ago)

That was a very beautiful thing to do for you. I’m sorry that your mom and Tobie are no longer with you.

7. Margie
    May 13, 2018 at 9:03 am (3 months ago)

Happy Mother’s day to you Ingrid. Hope those two kitties treat you well today. Have a good one.

8. Alyce Schmid
    May 13, 2018 at 7:25 am (3 months ago)

Like you, I lost my mother a few years ago, but miss her all the time. Mother’s Day is difficult for me not being the mother of any human babies, my mother would send me cards from my furbabies and made this day special for me as well.You don’t realize how much you miss the little things until they are not there any more. Happy Mother’s Day from all of us

9. Lizzie Orcutt
    May 13, 2018 at 5:29 am (3 months ago)

Just wanted to wish you a Happy Mother’s Day.

Your kitties are lovely and I enjoy your website.