Jackson-Galaxy-my-cat-from-hell-casting

This post contains affiliate links*

Jackson Galaxy hasn’t met a cat he couldn’t help, as he’s proven for seven seasons on Animal Planet’s popular show, My Cat From Hell. If you’re at your wit’s end with your challenging felines, here’s your chance to apply for personal help from Jackson. The show is also looking for hero cats and cat guardians.

How to apply to be on My Cat From Hell

To apply, go to mycatfromhell.castingcrane.com.

You will be asked to submit pictures and videos. If you are selected for the show, you must be available for a total of three full weekdays spread out over a 4-5 week period during the date ranges below:

Oct. 10 – Dec. 16, 2016
Jan. 2 – Feb. 10, 2017

The show is casting nationwide this time.

Hero cats and cat guardians

Animal Planet is also looking for uplifting stories of cats and their guardians. Has your cat overcome incredible odds? Have you done something super cool for cats that will inspire others? Do you have a compelling, unique story related to cats, cat adoptions or cat rescues?

Visit herocats.castingcrane.com to apply to share your positive cat story with the world.

Will you be submitting an application for your cat?

Please note that Jackson Galaxy no longer works with private clients, and he will not answer questions left in comments on this post.

You can find a wealth of information about all aspects of caring for cats on his website and in his newest book, Total Cat Mojo: The Ultimate Guide to Life With Your Cat.

Total-Cat-Mojo-Jackson-Galaxy

Feline Behaviorist Recommendation

If you are looking to work with a feline behaviorist, I highly recommend Mikel Delgado http://www.felineminds.com/ and Daniel Quagliozzi https://gocatgosf.com/ Both offer remote consultations.

*The Conscious Cat is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon and affiliated sites. The Conscious Cat is an affiliate partner of Jackson Galaxy. This means that if you decide to purchase through any of our links, we get a small commission. We only spread the word about products and services we’ve either used or would use ourselves.

48 Comments on Does Your Cat Need Help From Jackson Galaxy? Now Casting Season 8 of My Cat From Hell

1. Jordan
    July 15, 2019 at 6:31 pm (1 month ago)

Please I need help
    I have a cat named autumn that I got as a kitten she is almost 2 years old now, she is 25% wild bobcat. Autumn has a thing with if anyone touches her that is not me she will attack them, drawing blood. If there is any sort of new scent in the house she immediately starts to growl and hiss at anyone’s who touches her. We have 2 other cats who we have never been able to get near her because it’s immediate fighting, they have a screen door in our dinning room towards her. But they will try to fight through the screen door and that fight will turn onto one of our other cats attacking the cat that she has lived with her entire life. My mom has had it with my cat autumn. I need help! I love autumn! But her behavior is out of control

2. Sue Walker
    March 28, 2019 at 5:38 pm (5 months ago)

I have been fostering a cat for someone because she has been pooping on her floor, couch, and bed. And the kitty has the runs. She said it started when she had a baby. Now this kitty has started pooping on my floor and fighting my other kitties. (I don’t have any kids). I took this cat in on a foster basis because her owner said she was going to put her down. That she had tried everything and nothing worked for this cats anxiety. I need her to take this cat back because she is starting fights with my cats. But she wants me to get her cat on anxiety meds first. Wait! What? Yes! I already have 8 cats and cannot afford to purchase anything else for this cat. I had the carpet replaced in the room she is in and she is pooping on that carpet. I think this cat would thrive in a nice quiet house, with maybe a few other cats. But I cannot keep her since she is hurting my cats. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Jenn Garden
    September 9, 2018 at 1:38 am (12 months ago)

Why are people writing about their problems with their cats, as stated in the introduction he does NOT take private clients OR answer comments on here. He wants you to buy his books or read his website and he gives referrals to others who will do private consultations. Although there is a nice person named Ingrid who has given some advice, which is what this forum should be, people who have had problems with their cats and then found solutions and posted them.

September 9, 2018 at 5:34 am (12 months ago)

Thanks, Jenn! 🙂

4. Katya
    August 23, 2018 at 6:58 am (1 year ago)

My cat is the sweetest most affectionate kitty ever, he cuddles up next to me when I nap and even wants to “hold hands”, however sometimes, when I get in bed at night, out of nowhere and like a bat out of hell he attacks me. Not playfully, but extremely aggressively. This morning was the worst, when he bites he doesn’t let go, it drew more blood this morning than ever before, and I have no idea how to handle the situation and it’s scary and makes me very sad!

5. Leanne Claydon
    August 18, 2018 at 11:44 am (1 year ago)

Hi Jackson there’s an almost feral cat called Charlie that lives across the road but I don’t think his owner is feeding him as he is extremely skinny I’m scared that I’m gunna find him dead but I’m also scared that if I call rspca that they won’t be able to rehome him and will end up putting him down

6. Lynn Marshall
    August 9, 2018 at 3:37 pm (1 year ago)

Hi. I just need a bit of advice I’m often brought to tears with 3 of my cat’s. I found a litter of 4 kittens I’m sure it was 2013 they were about an hour old and still had their umbilical cords on. One of them was so tiny , freezing cold and very lethargic I thought he wouldn’t survive but against all the odds and thanks to my do a Staffordshire bull terrier cross American Pit Bull Terrier who slept with them. She kept them warm and clean etc I was feeding them and making sure they were well fed and done the toilet etc. I’m so thankful they all survived she was such a fantastic substitute mummy. At 12 weeks old they went to their new homes nobody wanted the little one so I got him and his sister went to my son but had to come back cozshe was losing her beautiful coat and weight so when I got her home she is now looking great again.my problem is my dog turned 17 years old and had 2 types of cancer and a brain as well as dementia. Anyway when she was having a bad day coz of the dementia the cats would all be there for her and when Bailey passed away in May last year3 of the cats Loki. Minstrel and Wee Man . Wee Man isn’t too bad either is Minstrel but poor Loki still cries for her and walks round with her pink bunny meowing. He actually sleeps with it too. The kittens would use her teats like a security thing they weren’t sucklingI don’t think but I just worry about him. Something else he (Loki ) cannot seem to be able to cat. He tries to jump on things and ends up having to crawl up and pull himsèlf up they also growl at the door if someone knocks. Just a bit of advice woud be much appreciated. Thank you.

7. Megan Caserta
    August 9, 2018 at 11:33 am (1 year ago)

We need help with our 20 year old tabby! He is constantly waking us up during the night, with scratching and howling! We bought a timed feeder he will not eat of anymore, a night light and we brush him before bed and let him watch cat tv on YouTube and play but he still wakes us up! Also lately he has been licking the baseboards around the house! Help us please.

8. Christina
    August 4, 2018 at 4:33 am (1 year ago)

I love how you have that connection with the felines. How you just connect and you know what it is they are saying. Jackson, you i see as an ANGEL of cats. I need you badly i am being hurt so bad. Please. Help. Cat whisperer.

9. Courtney
    July 25, 2018 at 6:27 am (1 year ago)

My cat is attacking my legs and sometimes my arm. I play with her every day and give her treats after play time, but for the last month its almost daily. There is no warning signs. She is 4yrs old and i have had her since she was a kitten. I took her to the vet and they said nothing is wrong. I don’t know what to do. The rest if the time she is a warm snuggle bug.

10. Carrie
    July 23, 2018 at 10:01 am (1 year ago)

All together we have six cats, my oldest Shadow is not getting along with the others, sometimes hair is flying but most of the time he just growls at them to let them know to leave him alone. The only solution I came up with is giving Shadow his own space, but without the other cats trying to bother him would be locking up in the bedroom, which Shadow is content for a while but gets lonely or thinks hes in trouble. He also climbs in cabinets or cubbies but the others always finds him and tries to crawl in there with him. Is there a way to get the other cats to leave him alone?

11. Anna
    June 9, 2018 at 7:40 am (1 year ago)

We have 3 cats, 5 years apart in age, oldest just underwent surgery and needs isolation. Now second oldest is bouncing between extremely aggressive and so scared she won’t leave where she is to use the litter box. Everything was peaceful before this, I can’t let my toddler around the cat at all anymore, someone please help us

12. Bonnie
    May 8, 2018 at 1:45 pm (1 year ago)

I rescued a family of kittens about 7 yrs ago when I worked for the HS of Caroline County VA. The kittens were about 12 weeks old. They are put. Siamese. The sister got adopted right away. The brother I still have. He lives with me and 5 other cats and 5 dogs. He loves all the animals. I handle all my animals every day, several times a day, but he (Snowflake) has never been approachable. He sleeps locked in my bedroom at night, and he will let me pet him, scratch his ears and he sleeps against my back but as soon as I open the bedroom door, he is like a completely different cat. He is not aggressive in any way, just scared to death. What can I do?

13. jessica knecht
    April 10, 2018 at 10:36 pm (1 year ago)

Hi, this is Jessica, I love watching your show on Saturdays. but I have a question just recently our cat midnight he is an affectionate cat he just showed up at our door when we moved in here in the apartment he recently comes in our bedroom and gets up around my head he will lay there and will wack me in the head with his tail? why is that? need help?

14. arlene hutton
    January 27, 2018 at 3:49 pm (2 years ago)

i would love for jackson galaxy to give me some advice on my cat please thank you

• Latonya
      August 11, 2018 at 10:26 am (1 year ago)

Hello just wondering if you got any feedback from your request to speak work Jackson Galaxy

15. Angela
    December 20, 2017 at 1:17 pm (2 years ago)

Our cat has suddenly started hissing at people, mostly my husband. After losing our son, my little cat has been a comfort. He still plays well with the dog, but hisses about half the time out of nowhere at people walking by. We have had no ideas what to do from our vet, and we have tried giving him space to resolve his own fear. Extra special loving and cuddling, nothing is working…we desperately need help!!

December 21, 2017 at 6:09 am (2 years ago)

If medical problems have been ruled out, you may want to consider working with a feline behaviorist. Jackson no longer takes private clients. If you can’t find anyone local to you, I can recommend Mikel Delgado http://www.felineminds.com/ and Daniel Quagliozzi https://gocatgosf.com/ Both offer remote consultations.

16. Mark
    December 10, 2017 at 3:52 pm (2 years ago)

Hi Jackson. I need your assistance with a small dangerous problem I’m having with my newest furry family member. I have a very sweet adorable18 week old Female Bengal that I cannot keep from nibbling on power cords.

I’ve tried coating the cords with hot sauces, which only works for about two days and then I catch her back at it.

Needless to say I’m fear the worse , and I’m in need of a fix for her bad habit. Help please!!

17. Michaelene Pendleton
    July 24, 2017 at 4:21 am (2 years ago)

What does a visit from Jackson Galaxy cost?

July 24, 2017 at 5:09 am (2 years ago)

Jackson no longer offers private consultations.

• Michaelene Pendleton
      December 21, 2017 at 4:05 am (2 years ago)

I wasn’t asking for a private consultation. Considering that I once emailed a question and was asked for $30 to get an answer, I wondered what a full TV show visit from Jackson Galaxy costs.

18. Bobbi
    July 6, 2017 at 10:53 am (2 years ago)

I have a big problem w my cat first if all he lickes himself bald, I’ve been taking hun to the vet fir shots for almost 2yrs now and it doesn’t seem to work, Dr says it’s stress related.. Idk what he can b stressed about? What can I do to help my midnite?? &2nd of all I’d like to adobt another cat or dog BUT MIDNITE will not allow another animal in the house!! Very territorial or jelous?? Idk what it is or what to do??

19. Carol Hunt
    July 1, 2017 at 5:55 pm (2 years ago)

Dear Jackson…Love your program; taught me alot. I need help, please. My 18 yr old male died 3 weeks ago as a result of diabetes. My female, 19, is grieving it seems. She never seemed to care particularly about him but the day he didn’t return home, she became hostile, to put it mildly…bites, hisses, totally NOT the sweet, affectionate girl she was. Took her to the vet to get her health checked out…he was afraid of her…he said if she has a problem he considered her “untreatable”. I am gentle with her..breaks my heart she hates me now…together, we are all we have left in the house. I am 75 and
    feel badly for her as well as missing my feline friend.

July 2, 2017 at 5:28 am (2 years ago)

I’m so sorry for your loss, Carol, what a distressing situation. I’m also sorry that your vet essentially abandoned you by calling your cat “untreatable.” That’s unconscionable as far as I’m concerned. I’d look for another vet, preferably one who deals with cats exclusively. I’m also wondering whether there’s another reason for her sudden aggression, it almost sounds like redirected aggression to me. Here’s more information on that: http://consciouscat.net/2012/03/12/redirected-aggression-when-good-cats-attack/ Lastly, since Jackson no longer does private consultations, you may want to consider working with a feline behaviorist. I can highly recommend Mikel Delgado http://www.felineminds.com/ or Daniel Quagliozzi https://gocatgosf.com/ Both offer remote consultations. I hope this helps.

20. Diane M Winans
    June 6, 2017 at 12:39 pm (2 years ago)

I need help to keep my cats safe and not to be abroad. My neighbor is trying to get rid of my cats..I been doing everything I can to keep them from pooping on the neighbors porch

21. Diane M Winans
    June 6, 2017 at 12:33 pm (2 years ago)

Love your show.I have 5 cats..there in and out. I have cat liter boxes outside and in.my neighbor complaing to are Association and neighbors that my cats are pooping on her yard.they now want me to abroad them..there other cats around.. I will not abroad any if them ..she threw poop In. Are house..giving us problems

22. Ashley
    May 13, 2017 at 5:49 pm (2 years ago)

I was wondering if it costs any money to be on the show or if it’s free. I want our cats to get along, but I can’t really afford to pay money for someone to come and help..

23. Stacy Weber
    May 12, 2017 at 10:18 pm (2 years ago)

I adopted a shelter cat about 2 years ago (looks like a British Shorthair, male fixed). He hid behind the TV for the first year. After one year, he got comfortable walking around my place. He interacts normally with the other two cats (they arrived later). The problem is he will hiss or run away if anyone tries to touch him including me (the owner). He will sniff the back of your hand and will let you pet him with a back scratcher but no human hands. He plays with toys now and then, like a regular cat. His paper work was stamped, feral. I’ve tried some of the ideas from the TV show – slow blinks and bed time stories but he does not change. Any suggestions, or is this the best you can expect from a “feral” cat.

24. Terri Cousins
    March 27, 2017 at 1:10 pm (2 years ago)

Hello,

I have (2) 4 year old cats and just adopted the sweetest, most lovable rescue cat (she is 1.5 years old).

Bitsy gets along fantastic with her (they play all the time and there is no tension). BUT Buttercup is very aggressive and becoming violent with Honeybun (our rescue kitty).
    She prowls and jumps her & ATTACKS HER. Poor little girl.

We followed the basic steps of “weaning them” to one another in separate rooms, then behind glass doors, then the door open just a bit etc….tried relaxing plug-ins….changed to a supposedly more relaxing food.

I don’t want Buttercup to be angry and sad and I don’t want the little one to feel bullied, scared and prowled upon.

PLEASE HELP!!!! We watch your show all the time, my two little girls (ages 11 & 9) said CALL JACKSON MOMMY!
    I also do not want to get rid of Honeybun 🙁 But we are at that point.

Kind regards,
    Terri Cousins & Family
    772-475-1039

25. laurel
    February 23, 2017 at 5:48 pm (2 years ago)

I love watching Jackson’s show and the results he gets are amazing! I don’t have a cat from hell but I think my cat has some issues to address that would make him happier. Toby is 8 now and we got him when he was 4. He seems to have separation anxiety, especially when we just step outside for a few minutes (but he might have anxiety all the time we are at work, I may need to get a camera to confirm) We come in and find him yowling and mounting a stuffed animal toy, holding a lanyard in his mouth. He is very focused and turns in circles while on the toy. The lanyard came with him and he is very protective of it and he NEEDS to know where it is at all times. Once I put it in my pocket for a week and he read me the riot act when he got it again. I just want him to be happy and would love to ask how I can help him cope with his issues.

26. Tina
    February 17, 2017 at 6:28 pm (3 years ago)

Regarding being available for three full weekdays is that just for the casting call or the show? And where? I’d love to see if he could help my little girl, Miley.

27. breanna
    January 3, 2017 at 2:12 am (3 years ago)

I got my cat monster about 2 years ago I was feeding his mom and sibling untill thay left him under my trailer I love him dearly I just can’t deal with it anymore first he started tearing up the carpet and I sprayed some stuff down for that and it’s not working and now I lifted up my sheets off my bed today because it smells like cat piss in my room and I find about 15 Circles of pissed on my mattress I don’t know what to do I don’t have money to take him to the vet because I’m 15 my mom won’t drive me to the vet unless I have money to take him and she won’t let me get a job so it doesn’t make sense tonight he’s having to sleep in the bathroom because I don’t want him peeing on anything else I put everything where he cannot reach it except for his food water his litter box and a toy while I was in the bathroom for about 7 minutes my dad came and put him in my room when I came in here to check on him I smell cat pee fresh cat pee he has peed on about all of my pillows except for one and a new jacket I had just gotten about a month ago he hides when company comes over and he hides from me now all he does is sleep in my parents room I’m having to sleep on the floor tonight because my bed I’m getting a new mattress in my room tomorrow I just don’t know what to do if he starts to do it again which he most likely will

January 3, 2017 at 6:27 am (3 years ago)

You need to take your cat to the vet, Breanna.

• Melody
      March 13, 2019 at 10:15 pm (5 months ago)

If a cat is urinating in inappropriate places, and especially with such frequency, he needs veterinary attention. Cats do not indiscriminately pee all over for no reason. Hé has a litter box, I assume kept clean, and is in a safe environment. If he has an infection, or worse, blockage, ignoring that will not make it go away. Being in pain will cause his current behavior. If you’ve ever had a bladder or kidney infection, you know how hideous that is. A blockage, even partial, is far worse. It will eventually get to the point that the tract is fully blocked and no urine can pass, and the bladder bursts – unimaginable pain and a horrible slow death. Please talk to your parents again. This kitty needs a veterinarian.

28. Alberta thomas
    October 15, 2016 at 12:43 pm (3 years ago)

We adopted our Lola a year ago.I have 2 litter boxes in different areas in the house. She poos in her boxes, but urinated on downstairs landing.I had just had her checked by my vet. No problem.I’ve moved a box to where she is urinating. I at loss we love this kitty 5 years old,this is the only problem,and we already replaced carpet $1500 worth.

29. Chenelle
    September 26, 2016 at 8:14 am (3 years ago)

Love the show. I watch for pointers that I can use with my Misty. I have had many cat’s over the yrs, and seen different personalities. The last kitten I got was Misty, (Queen of the Nile). And she is the queen. She kinda like a dog. I got her @ 8wks. She had a litter of 4 when she turned 1. All were rehomed except one, Pharaoh. So I kept him. He LOVES him mom. And she loved him and our 2 small dogs. But now she is hissing at them all, when they aren’t even near her or paying attention to her. She walks in and just hisses and charges them. Weird thing is I tried to separate her and her sons food, but they still eat with each other. When shestone she swats him. Why is she acting this way all of the sudden? Now AL the animals see her and they run away, except for Pharaoh, he still just try to love her and play, but she wants no parts. And now she has charged at me but stops when she gets close enough and I don’t move. I stand my ground. I have always had convos with her, and she knows what I’m saying. What can I do to help her stop her attitude? Other than that she’s just a normal sweet loving and affectionate cat when she chooses to be.

• Chenelle
        September 26, 2016 at 8:57 am (3 years ago)

Thank you Ingrid, I am definitely going to try these techniques and see what works. Hopefully she will get back to her self again.

30. Karen
    September 17, 2016 at 7:02 pm (3 years ago)

Hi Jackson, we just applied, Fred Morris was born in LA and then moved to New Jersey where he worked got to know chipmunks; there he met a bad and a good vet, but now he’s very scared of vets, and doesn’t like staying inside as an indoor cat. So he’s biting and attacking us. Please help!

31. Jacqueline Clouse
    August 6, 2016 at 12:01 am (3 years ago)

I have been watching the show trying to get tips on how to get my almost 2 year old cat and my twins 15 week old kittens to get along. Jr and Zena (the twins ) love to follow Rusty around , but Rusty just hisses at them

32. debbie
    August 1, 2016 at 8:10 am (3 years ago)

I luv watching his show n how he’s able to catify n understand cat’s behavior n how to solve problems within the home. Keep up the good work Mr. Jackson Galazy the Cat-Daddy.

33. Janine
    August 1, 2016 at 6:54 am (3 years ago)

I always enjoy seeing how he transforms cats’ personalities and behavior problems.