SureFeed Sealed Pet Bowl Keeps Your Cat’s Food Fresh

sealed-pet-bowl

This post is sponsored by SureFeed

Do you have a slow eater who prefers to eat her meal over a period of several hours rather than inhale it all at once? Would you like to be able to leave canned food out for your cats while you’re not home? With the new Sealed Pet Bowl from SureFeed, you can.

The bowl features a motion-activated lid. Unlike SureFeeds Microchip Feeder, which is designed to solve feeding problems in multi-cat homes, this feeder does not require a microchip or collar tag to operate it. The feeder is powered by 4 C cell batteries (not included.) It keeps food moist for more than 12 hours.*

sealed-pet-bowl-how-it-works

This feeder is an ideal solution for for single-pet homes or those that do not required separate food bowls.  Benefits include:

• Stops flies landing on cat food
• Saves money on cat food as there is less waste
• Reduces cat food smells in the home
• Gives cats access to fresher food that they can graze on throughout the day
• Convenient for cat owners who are out of the house for long periods
• Battery powered – requires 4 C cell batteries (not included)

Sealed_Pet_Bowl

I really like this feeder. If you’ve read this site for any length of time, you know that I don’t recommend any dry food for cats, and I often get push back from cat parents who want to do the right thing for their cats, but feel bad  about not leaving at least some food out for their cats to graze on during the day. Now there’s no more excuse to not eliminate all dry food!

I also like the shallow design, which helps prevent whisker stress.

Please note that this feeder is not refrigerated, and while I’ve found that it’s perfectly safe to leave canned food out for several hours, I do not recommend using this feeder for raw food. Raw food can safely be left out for up to two hours, so if you have a slow eater, this feeder will still work well for you. Just discard any remaining raw food after two hours.

For more information about The SureFeed Sealed Pet Bowl and to purchase, please visit the SureFlap website.

Coming next week!
We will be giving away one SureFeed Sealed Pet Bowl
to one lucky reader!

*Independent tests carried out in SureFeed products on 3 top selling cat foods showed that the bowl stops 99.8% of moisture lost from the food for 12+ hours. All foods were tested in the same conditions at a constant 68°F/20°C.

FTC Disclosure: This is a sponsored post, which means that I was compensated to feature this content. Regardless of payment received, you will only see topics on this site that I believe are of interest to my readers.

11 Comments on SureFeed Sealed Pet Bowl Keeps Your Cat’s Food Fresh

1. Dawn S
    August 19, 2016 at 5:32 pm (2 years ago)

any suggestions for how to keep the SureFeed ant-free? I have a multi-cat home, and each has one of their own (I do love these feeders!). My only issue is ants. The only food the ants attack is for the cat with kidney disease. Her Rx food has gotten ant-infested twice and the fact that she is on appetite stimulants and can’t eat if ants get to her food during the day or overnight stresses me out! This happened last night and I am pulling out my hair!

August 20, 2016 at 5:58 am (2 years ago)

I’ve heard that creating a “moat” around your pet’s dish can keep ants away since they won’t cross water. I’m not sure whether that would work with this feeder. I would suggest contacting SureFeed through their website to see if they have any suggestions, Dawn.

2. Lola The Rescued Cat
    May 31, 2016 at 4:57 pm (3 years ago)

My girls never eat their food all at once. This is definitely a bowl I’ll look into, especially for the sumer.

3. Becky
    May 31, 2016 at 2:10 pm (3 years ago)

This sounds great for my wild girls.
    About 7 years ago I took in 3 (now 2) cats to get spayed. Over 20 kittens later they were finally able to go back outside.
    I built them a great cat house with insulation and windows which they love. They come running out upon my presence showing love, but I better not dare touch them!
    Chips, collars, etc were never an option for them. But the flies during the summer are outright disgusting!
    Finally a solution! Thank You for sharing.
    I’ll be sure to enter the giveaway, fingers crossed.

4. Karen
    May 31, 2016 at 1:52 pm (3 years ago)

I am concerned that the batteries might fail while I’m away. Would you give me some guidelines about how to deal with this?

Thank you very much.

May 31, 2016 at 4:54 pm (3 years ago)

I’ll see if I can get someone from SureFlap to answer this question for you, Karen.

• SureFlap
      June 1, 2016 at 3:48 am (3 years ago)

Hi Karen! Thanks for your interest in the SureFeed Sealed Pet Bowl. If you’re worried about the batteries failing while you’re away, we’d advise putting in a new set of batteries just before you go. Then when you get back, you can revert back to the old batteries to ensure they get their full usage. Also, just to let you know, there is a low battery indicator light that flashes when the batteries need changing.

5. Pennie
    May 31, 2016 at 8:51 am (3 years ago)

Thank you so much for posting this. Have been looking at sure feed for sometime, but was not crazy about having to microchip. We feed 4-5 small meals throughout the day and night. No food at bedtime until morning. This would be perfect so we can be gone for a day without having to leave dry down. We have two boys, both have the same needs and eat the same food.

6. Connie Fischer
    May 31, 2016 at 8:06 am (3 years ago)

This is very intriguing to me. I have three cats and they all have a different way of eating. One will stay and finish what’s in his bowl. Another will eat half and walk away for little while and come back later to finish it. The third cat may just sniff the food but is so excited to see what’s happening around her, that she won’t finish her food. Problem is, the first kitty likes to hang around and see if he can gobble what the “girls” don’t eat then ends up throwing up because he’s overeaten! Gah. Wish this had an “individual” cat sensor on it! 🙂 All in all, it’s a good idea.

May 31, 2016 at 8:29 am (3 years ago)

It sounds like the microchip feeder may be the solution for you, Connie.

7. Janine
    May 31, 2016 at 7:29 am (3 years ago)

This would have been perfect when I had my cal Nani. She used to like to nibble throughout the day.