Mews and Nips: A Wine for Cats?

wine for cats

Just when I think nothing I see on the internet can surprise me anymore, I came across a story about a Japanese company that launched a wine created especially for cats. Even though this isn’t exactly news (the wine has been on the market for a couple of years,) this struck me as funny enough to share with you. The wine, titled Nyan Nyan Nouveau (which translates to “meow Nouveau”), and created by supplement maker B&H Lifes, does not contain any alcohol, but rather, a blend of vitamins with a trace of catnip. The feline wine sells for about $4 a bottle and is available from B&H’s online store (and it appears that they also carry a beer for dogs…).

If you missed any of the stories featured on The Conscious Cat this week, here’s a recap: on Monday, we told you about a new biomarker that could make earlier diagnosis of kidney disease possible, on Tuesday, we told you how to get your cat used to visitors, on Wednesday, veterinarian Kris Chandroo shared his experience of the decision process he and his family went through when he was faced with a serious illness in his 19-year-old cat, and on Friday, we introduced you to MDeluxe, a gorgeous new line of pet products. And don’t forget to enter our giveaway for a Hello Kitty Lucky Cat Bracelet from Sushi Float!

Today’s video just goes to show that every TV studio should have a studio cat. I love how the weather man handles the interruption!

Have a great weekend!

Image via Kotaku.com

8 Comments on Mews and Nips: A Wine for Cats?

1. Melanie Neer
    January 17, 2015 at 11:35 pm (4 years ago)

Okay so supposedly this wine for cats doesn’t have alcohol in it, yet it is made out of the following ingredients according to this link

And no, Nyan Nyan Nouveau doesn’t have any alcohol in it—much like Japanese “kid’s beer” doesn’t contain any actual booze. As noted on Sankei Biz, the drink does contain juice made from Cabernet grapes, Vitamin C as well as catnip for a beverage that supposedly tastes like red wine.

GRAPES are toxic to both cats and dogs!

January 18, 2015 at 6:59 am (4 years ago)

I suspect that the amount of grape juice contained in this concoction is so minimal that it wouldn’t cause any problems. What surprises me more is that cats would even like this if it’s supposedly made to taste like red wine!

• Jswoish
        August 19, 2015 at 11:07 am (4 years ago)

I have a cat that I have to keep an eye on around drinks. She has a thing for Crystal Light and will try to drink my Sangria. Now I drink with a lid on glass. Ha convinced she was a wino with a sweet tooth in a former life

2. Kjelle Bus aka Charlie Rascal
    January 17, 2015 at 8:28 pm (4 years ago)

I have seen the video with the cat and the weatherman , but not the Miaow Noveau 🙂

3. Deb Barnes - Zee and Zoey
    January 17, 2015 at 11:52 am (4 years ago)

MOL… That video is priceless and I think every news station should have a cat like that!

4. Summer
    January 17, 2015 at 3:22 am (4 years ago)

I find it interesting that they have wine for cats and beer for dogs because… isn’t that the way it SHOULD be?

January 17, 2015 at 7:01 am (4 years ago)

You are so right, Summer! I never even thought of that!

• Melanie Neer
      January 17, 2015 at 11:43 pm (4 years ago)

What is this company thinking of. Are people aware that grapes are toxic to both cats and dogs? It’s not only made out of vitamins and catnip but Cabernet grapes