Mews and Nips: Homeless Woman and Cat Save Each Other

tuxed_cat_saves_homeless_woman

Stories about cats who turn someone’s life around don’t get much better than this one. When a black and white cat named Miss Tuxedo crossed paths with a homeless woman at a San Francisco Bay area cemetery, the two lost souls somehow saved each other. Rosa Katovitch would come to the cemetery to sit by her fiance’s grave. “I’d come here, sometimes 6, 7 hours a day, and just sit,” Katovitch told a reporter at the San Francisco Chronicle. “If you’re quiet, you’d be amazed at the things you see. God’s whole creation – skunks, raccoons, moles, birds … and cats.” One of them was Miss Tuxedo. “I think she’s the reason I’m still here,” says Katovitch. Read the full story on SFGate.com.

If you missed any of the stories featured on The Conscious Cat this week, here’s a recap: on Monday, feline veterinarians Elizabeth Colleran shared what euthanasia is like from a vet’s perspective, on Tuesday, we reviewed the gorgeous Googie Cat Bed, on Wednesday, we gave you some tips on how to help your cats cope with fireworks, on Thursday, we told you about a cool new app that will let you help homeless cats simply by walking, and on Friday, we reviewed Lorna Barrett’s new book, Bookclubbed, featuring Miss Marple the cat. And don’t forget to enter our giveaway for a ModaPet cat bowl!

Today’s video of a kitty playing peek-a-boo made me smile. Do your kitties play peek-a-boo with you?

httpv://youtu.be/Snr73Og3Rbk

Have a great weekend!

Photo via SFGate.net

7 Comments on Mews and Nips: Homeless Woman and Cat Save Each Other

1. Jay
    May 30, 2016 at 8:42 pm (4 years ago)

I often say to my human friends who adopt stray kitties “Who is saving who?” It can’t be fully understood how much of an impact a loving kitty can have on your life, until you love a cat and are loved back. I got emotional reading this, thank you for reminding me how special these little dudes are.

2. Angela Bronson
    September 10, 2015 at 12:26 pm (4 years ago)

Such a touching story – I dont know where I would be with out my cats

3. Greg Greenwald
    July 1, 2014 at 3:56 pm (5 years ago)

Cat are very special and have an awareness of when your not feeling well. This was an incredible article to read.

Greg

4. Debi
    July 1, 2014 at 11:40 am (5 years ago)

My kitties sure helped me move on after my husband died. Sometimes I didn’t want to get up in the mornings, but I knew I had to feed my fur babies. They gave me a reason to live during the worst time of my life. 🙂

5. Tulsi G
    June 28, 2014 at 1:25 pm (5 years ago)

I love this story. Thank you. Love, compassion, and a sense of purpose and belonging seem to be common human needs. It doesn’t seem to matter if it’s human/human or human/non-animal human. Stories like these make me want to be kinder.

6. Bopeeps
    June 28, 2014 at 8:39 am (5 years ago)

That was very powerful (tears)

Diana, rikki and Lucy

7. Bernie
    June 28, 2014 at 1:27 am (5 years ago)

This sounds slightly familiar. Blessed be the kittens. I think St. Francis, Patron Saint of all animals, may have had a hand in this.