Mews and Nips: Could the United States Get Its First Cat Cafe?

Vienna_Cat_Cafe

Last week, we reported on the opening of the first cat cafe in Paris, France. Could the US finally be getting its first cat cafe? According to CBS Boston, a young entrepreneur hopes to open Miaou Boston by the end of this year. “I’ve had this idea for a while now ever since learning about them through the internet a couple of years ago,” the woman wrote on her blog “Cat Cafe Dream.” Health department rules prohibit animals in restaurants, but there may be ways to get around these constraints, such as preparing food off-site or only serving beverages. Read the full story on CBS Boston’s website.

If you missed any of the stories featured on The Conscious Cat this week, here’s a recap: On Monday, we provided an overview of feline leukemia, on Tuesday, we featured a candy shaped like cats’ tongues, on Wednesday, we explored why the internet loves Grumpy Cat, on Thursday, we shared some tips on how you can  help homeless cats, and on Friday, we reviewed the latest in Leann Sweeney’s Cats in Trouble series, The Cat, the Mill and the Murder.

Today’s video of a sleeping kitten is off the cuteness scale; be prepared to squee!

httpv://youtu.be/cXeLPYlBFgU

Have a great weekend!

Photo of cat cafe from a story about cat cafes on the Vancouver Sun website

14 Comments on Mews and Nips: Could the United States Get Its First Cat Cafe?

1. Christine Michaels
    October 14, 2013 at 1:42 am (5 years ago)

You know this idea has been swirling in my head too and I think it would be a huge hit overnight in the US. Imagine the awareness it would raise about unique essence of cats. I also have a complementary idea that would propel the whole concept. Hmm, something to seriously consider for my next business venture.

2. Jobi and Fisher
    October 13, 2013 at 6:21 am (5 years ago)

Love the video – the little kitty was born with music in her heart. Plus – a resounding YES to cat cafes in the U.S. Hey, it could happen!

October 12, 2013 at 2:57 pm (5 years ago)

What a cute baby kitty. Would love to go to a cat cafe even though I have my own.

• Sue Brandes
      October 12, 2013 at 2:57 pm (5 years ago)

I meant even though I have my own cats. LOL

4. Angela Gosselin
    October 12, 2013 at 12:01 pm (5 years ago)

OMG!! What a cutey pie. He is doing some serious running 7 playing in his lil dreams.. hehe. And as for your article, Awesome!! It’s about time they brought Cat Cafe’s to the US. As always I love reading all the interesting stuff you have on The Conscious Cat Daily =^..^= Hi there Ruby & Allegra. you sweet kitties 🙂

October 12, 2013 at 5:13 pm (5 years ago)

I’m so glad you’re enjoying our articles, Angela. Allegra and Ruby send kitty kisses!

5. Texas
    October 12, 2013 at 11:55 am (5 years ago)

My human was seriously starting thinking about one in NY (she has even started learning Japanese again, to learn more about the original ones) until the humans decided to move in the state named after me. She has not given up the idea though, but she is happy to see these cafes pop up here and there!

October 12, 2013 at 5:13 pm (5 years ago)

That would be awesome if your human opened a cat café, Texas! And of course, you’d be the host kitty!

6. Caren Gittleman
    October 12, 2013 at 10:40 am (5 years ago)

I soooooooooo want the U.S. to get their first Cat Cafe but BOSTON??!! OHHHHHHH NOOOOOO!! Our Tigers are playing Boston tonight in the first game of the ACLS Series and I sooooooo want to hate Boston MOL!
    Now I won’t be able to!
    xoxo

October 12, 2013 at 5:12 pm (5 years ago)

Good luck to your Tigers, Caren. I couldn’t care less about baseball, but I’ll gladly route for any team named after cats!

7. toni / rctees
    October 12, 2013 at 9:42 am (5 years ago)

Love the weekly roundup!! And that sleeping kitty made me giggle.
    Thanks Ingrid 🙂

8. Bobbi Hahn
    October 12, 2013 at 7:30 am (5 years ago)

Love, love, LOVE the video of the sleeping kitten! Adorable pink belly! I wonder what it was dreaming about?!? And momma cat’s reaction at the end was priceless . . . those huge eyes, and the paw raised in warning . . . thanks for getting my Saturday morning off to such a pleasant start!

October 12, 2013 at 5:11 pm (5 years ago)

I love the raised paw at the end, too, Bobbi!