The Helen Woodward Animal Center is asking pet lovers around the world to participate in its global awareness campaign by helping them remember the millions of orphan pets who lost their lives over the last year, and by bringing awareness to the millions of healthy pets who are still awaiting adoption. The campaign encourages individuals to light a candle on September 26th (you may want to use an electric candle or do this virtually – cats and candles don’t mix well!) and opt to adopt, reducing the millions of orphan pets euthanized each year.
There are many different ways in which you can participate in Remember Me Thursday:
- Spread the word about this campaign on your social media channels. Use hashtag #lightforpets
- Change your Facebook profile picture to the Remember Me Thursday icon
- Organize or attend a local pet candle lighting ceremony
- Light a candle at the Virtual Candle Gallery
- Educate others about the joys of adopting
For more information, please visit Remember Me Thursday.
The Helen Woodward Animal Center is a private, non-profit organization where “people help animals and animals help people.” Founded in 1972 in Rancho Santa Fe, Calif., the Center provides services for more than 57,000 people and thousands of animals annually through adoptions, educational and therapeutic programs both onsite and throughout the community.