Happiness does not light gently on my shoulder like a butterfly.
She pounces on my lap, demanding that I scratch behind her ears. –Anonymous
What is happiness? The answer to this broad question is, of course, subjective, although I’d say for most of us, the above quote captures its meaning purr-fectly.
Today, Ruby would like to share her definition.
In Ruby’s world, happiness is:
- sitting in Mom’s lap while she’s working, watching tv, reading, or any other time. Mom’s lap is the best place on earth!
- playing with my sister. I especially like chasing her around the house.
- watching the birds on our deck. I just know that one day, I’ll actually manage to catch one!
- breakfast and dinner time. And snack time, too.
- snuggling with Mom at night – especially under the covers. I can feel Mom’s whole body smile when I do that.
- racing through the house at top speed, aka, getting the zoomies. Wee!!!
What is your definition of happiness? What about your kitties?