Ruby’s Reflections: Top Ten Things About Ruby

beautiful tortie cat

No, Ruby did not start watching late night TV, but she insisted it was her turn to blog, and she wanted to share this list of “Top Ten Things About Ruby!”

10. I like sleeping on my back, with all four feet sticking up in the air.

9.   I love my Mom!

8.   I love my sister Allegra.

7.   My favorite flavor raw food is rabbit.

6.   I jump high into the air when Allegra sneaks up behind me when we play!

5.   When new people come to the house, I’m a little shy at first, but I warm up quickly.

4.   I like to take naps by a sunny window.

3.   I don’t like it when dinner is delayed because Mom gets home late.

2.   I love to sit on Mom’s lap when she works.

And the number one thing you need to know about me:

1.   I’m irresistibly cute!

23 Comments on Ruby’s Reflections: Top Ten Things About Ruby

1. Catherine J Stout
    July 21, 2021 at 10:04 am (2 weeks ago)

Looking back and seeing Ruby’s sweet face, with those inquiring eyes delights me..It’s so sad when we have to let them go..My tuxedo Jack-Ack Ack, was 20 yrs old in June 2021..He is really failing now.. He was at the vets last week..Doc said, he has a strong heart, and clear lungs, but he is weak, and skinny; can barely walk..I remember all his life, when he would be walking toward me, his tail would be straight in the air..He is a talker, and still can do his loud, demanding meow, when he wants you to come be with him..I dread his leaving me..

• Kitty B.
      July 22, 2021 at 9:14 pm (1 week ago)

I LOVE your kitty’s NAME!! Wish I’D thought of it. Is it from a Billy Joel song? (Or is it Springsteen?)

I know Jack-Ack Ack is a PRETTY boy, always dressed in his finest, even if it DOES hang a little loose on him now.

Catherine, I wish I could tell you some way to get through those senior days, but just remember always that your being near him to help him through his less able times is the greatest gift you could ever give him. Know that you are a comfort to him.

The Love of My Life lived to be a little over 19. I wish I’d given him a more dignified name, but we called him Bobo. He was a burly Himalayan, & I called him my Hunky Man.

I helped him from this life, but not until I was sure he couldn’t POSSIBLY be getting any pleasure out of life. Except for the very last, Bobo had a VERY good life, & I comfort myself with that.

I know NO ONE could’ve loved him like I did, & I’m sure you could say the same thing about you & Jack-Ack Ack. Just keep loving him to the end.

2. Connie Fischer
    July 21, 2021 at 6:37 am (2 weeks ago)

Ruby was such a precious little kitty. May she rest comfortably until you are reunited again.

3. Marilia
    September 21, 2011 at 8:24 pm (10 years ago)

Yes! You´re irresistible!!!

September 21, 2011 at 9:04 pm (10 years ago)

Thanks, Marilia!

September 21, 2011 at 9:04 pm (10 years ago)

Ruby is all for that, Deb!

September 21, 2011 at 2:08 pm (10 years ago)

I love that word, Layla!

4. Bernadette
    September 21, 2011 at 9:23 am (10 years ago)

Ruby, it sounds to me like you’re just the perfect kitty! Your mom didn’t list one important fact, but I’m sure she didn’t forget this one, she probably thought it was pretty obvious, but I’ll say it: Ruby is a TORTIE GIRL! ‘Nuf said.

September 21, 2011 at 2:08 pm (10 years ago)

Of course! How could she forget to mention that, Bernadette!

5. Marg
    September 21, 2011 at 9:13 am (10 years ago)

Ruby, I hate to say this so don’t tell anyone that I said it, but you are just the cutest. We knew you were going to be a cutie patootie just by all your actions. Wish Mahoney could come play with you. No one will play with her here. She is our orphan kitty. Hope all of you have a really fun day.

September 21, 2011 at 2:07 pm (10 years ago)

Aww, thanks, Marg! I hope Mahoney finds someone to play with.

6. Sally
    September 21, 2011 at 7:56 am (10 years ago)

So, Ruby, did Pulitzer teach you how to pee vertically? He must be doing online webinars while I’m at work,

September 21, 2011 at 2:07 pm (10 years ago)

Somebody must be teaching cats how to do this, Sally! I was amazed at the number of vertical pee-ers that commented on my litter box review yesterday!

7. caren gittleman
    September 21, 2011 at 7:50 am (10 years ago)

Hi Ruby!

You are such a pretty girl!

You know what? My favorite food is rabbit too!!

We’re silly “wabbits!”

Love, Cody

September 21, 2011 at 2:07 pm (10 years ago)

Thanks, Cody – I guess you and Ruby are “silly wabbits!”

8. Bernie
    September 21, 2011 at 7:46 am (10 years ago)

You really are irresistibly cute and so much more. You are getting really good at this blogging thing too.

September 21, 2011 at 2:06 pm (10 years ago)

Thanks, Bernie. I think I better watch the blog to make sure she doesn’t sneak something in without me knowing about it!

9. JaneA
    September 21, 2011 at 7:40 am (10 years ago)

Thomas’s favorite raw food is rabbit, too. He says Ruby has very good taste.

September 21, 2011 at 2:06 pm (10 years ago)

Ruby says she’s impressed with Thomas’ good taste.

1Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Ruby’s Reflections: Top Ten Things About Ruby

1. […] Ruby shared her top ten list last week, Allegra didn’t want to feel left out, so here is her “Top Ten Things About […]