Tabcat Helps You Keep Track of Your Cat

tabcat-tracking-device

This post is sponsored by Tabcat*

We all adore our cats, but they certainly know how to worry us at times! If yours has ever gone missing, you’ll know exactly how terrifying it can be for the whole family. But the look on their face as they stroll back through the door after you’ve been tearing your hair out with worry is a picture, as if to say “what’s all the fuss about, I’m here, aren’t I?”

The Tabcat tracking device gives cat parents the ability to swiftly find their cat, whether she’s just hiding inside your home, or whether she’s truly lost.

Who is Tabcat

Loc8tor, the company which brings you Tabcat, has been designing location and tracking devices for various products for over 12 years. They wanted to develop a tracking device for cats that uses radio frequency technology instead of the typical GPS systems, which can be heavy, and, due to monthly data costs, quite expensive.

tabcat-tracker

How Tabcat works

Tabcat comes in two parts: a handset (the size of a credit card), and a tag. The tag is placed inside a splash-proof silicone case, which is easily attached to the cat’s collar. To locate the cat, simply activate the handset by pressing the button, and a signal will be emitted from the tag to the handset. With both visual and audio cues, the Tabcat device gives the owner an indication of where and how far away the cat is. A single red light indicates the cat is in range. As he gets closer, amber and then green buttons light up. At the same, time the sound will get louder, the closer he gets.

tabcat-tracker

In addition to locating the cat, Tabcat can even be used to train the cat to come home. Using food treats or tit-bits, you can get your cat to understand that when you press the button on the cat tracking handset to find them, that they will get a treat. This is often enough for most cats to start their journey home, meaning that you don’t even need to get up out of your armchair to call them in!

Tabcat Features

The Tabcat tag weighs only 6 grams, making it extremely comfortable for the cat. It has a range of 400 feet, which enables tracking the cat over a good distance. Most missing cats don’t stray far from their home territory. The device is accurate to a distance of 2.5cm, so that even if he has strayed over a fence, under a floorboard, or even hiding in a bush, you can track him.

With over 10,000 devices sold worldwide, Tabcat gives owners the peace of mind that they can track and find their cat. Visit http://www.mytabcat.com for more information.

*FTC Disclosure: This is a sponsored post, which means that I was compensated to feature this content. Regardless of payment received, you will only see products or services featured on this site that I believe are of interest to our readers.

8 Comments on Tabcat Helps You Keep Track of Your Cat

1. Allison
    October 8, 2017 at 12:38 pm (1 week ago)

Other devices I’ve read about have required one to have a SmartPhone. TabCat excites me as a viable option, but I do have one concern. Cat owners are regularly told to use breakaway collars, due to how easily cats can get their collars stuck on objects, and so this is what my cats wear. I don’t know where one could place tracking technology other than on a cat’s collar, but I’m also reluctant to spend a lot of money on a device that will get lost the instant my cat’s collar breaks away. Still, it’s good to see that more and more innovate ideas are being developed to help find lost cats.

• Joyce
      October 8, 2017 at 7:12 pm (1 week ago)

I have never been a fan of the break away collar, though I completely understand the benefit. It has only one purpose that I can see, but I think there are many more advantages of having a collar that stays on a cats neck.
      My kids refuse to wear collars now. They started out wearing them but somewhere along the way I gave into the intermittent nagging at the collar. I’d see teeth or claws stuck in them, the cat being stuck in an uncomfortable position when trying to pull or bite at it.
      The lesson I learned is start with a collar immediately and don’t give in to removing it. It’s beneficial for lots of reasons. More than the one reason for a break away, or not wearing one at all! Are there multiple reasons for a break away that anyone knows of?

2. Sean
    September 30, 2017 at 2:43 pm (3 weeks ago)

This sounds like a really good idea, especially if your cat already wears a collar! When you talk about using it to train your cat to come home, do you mean that the tag makes a noise or the tracking handset does? Thanks Sean

October 2, 2017 at 7:33 am (2 weeks ago)

Sean, I checked with Tabcat to get an answer for your question. This is what they told me: “When you press the registered button on the handset, the tag on your cat will make a little beep which helps the cat understand it is time to come home. If there is food waiting at home too, this will further assist their desire to come home. It is also worth noting that all 4 buttons will make a slightly different beeping noise on the tag.”

3. Joyce
    September 28, 2017 at 5:20 pm (3 weeks ago)

Wish I knew about this before Max fell victim to such a terrible fate. I would have volunteered to get it for his owners. I adore that kid so much. Miss him every single day.
    Maybe they would have allowed me to buy it for him and actually used it .. or perhaps they’d have gotten it themselves.
    At least Max could’ve been made to sleep at home instead of a neighbors lawn where he was attacked.
    I totally get that many cats who aren’t used to collars would have a problem. My youngest has refused and nearly choked himself to death trying to get it off of his neck since the day we got him from the shelter. I would have a hard time, but but it took quite a while for my oldest to accept the collar for the wireless fence. Its just a big square nuisance around his neck, but it was not easy to get off so that was that! He didn’t venture outside anyway but I had to be sure.
    These kids … how we love them.

4. Janine
    September 28, 2017 at 7:52 am (3 weeks ago)

This is a great invention. I wish my cats would wear collars.

5. Fur Everywhere
    September 28, 2017 at 4:40 am (3 weeks ago)

This is very cool! I can’t say how much I LOVE that they have included audio clues with the visual clues. This makes it possible for blind people like me to locate their kitties, too! I will definitely check this out. Thank you for sharing!

6. Erica
    September 28, 2017 at 1:22 am (3 weeks ago)

For my two cats, in theory this is a good idea, but not in practice. I tried putting a collar on my cats when they were young and they freaked out. My Zoey managed to get the collar caught on the edge of my bed frame and nearly strangled herself as she tried to get free in a panic – I was glad I was home at the time. Removed the collars and would never put a collar on my cats agaom. It is even more dangerous for outdoor cats who far too often get stuck and strangle themselves.