Conscious Cat

March 18, 2014 14 Comments

Jackson Galaxy and Petmate Introduce New Line of Cat Toys at Global Pet Expo

Posted by Ingrid

Petmate_Jackson_Galaxy_toys

Of all the products I wanted to see at Global Pet Expo, I was most excited about getting a first look at the new line of toys created by Jackson Galaxy. Jackson introduced the concept of “hunt, catch, kill, eat” in his wildly successful Animal Planet show My Cat From Hell. The concept revolutionized life for countless cats who had previously been bored house cats with behavioral challenges. Jackson taught cat guardians that cats need an enriched environment and play time to be happy. So if anyone knows how to design the ultimate cat toy, it would be Jackson, right?

Jackson_Galaxy_toys

I knew as soon as I walked toward the eye-catching display in the Petmate booth that I would love everything about these toys. The line covers the full range of hunt, catch, kill, eat, as well as groom, with products ranging from scratchers and tunnels to cleverly designed retractable interactive toys. There’s something for every cat’s style, and for every human’s wallet.

Jackson_Galaxy_toys

The bright orange, green, purple and blue colors  were not chosen randomly. The line was designed keeping in mind the colors that cats can easily see.  Cats can tell the difference between red, blue and yellow, as well as between red and green. They are also able to distinguish between blues and violets.

Jackson_Galaxy_Petmate_toys

One of the most unique toys in the line is the cute little house pictured above. You drop a ball into the chimney, and it shoots out through the houses “front door.” This is only one example of the level of creativity that went into the toys.

Jackson_Galaxy_Petmate_toys

The toys will be available in stores this summer. I can’t wait for Allegra and Ruby to play with some of these!

FacebookTwitterGoogle+LinkedInPinterestShare

14 Responses to “Jackson Galaxy and Petmate Introduce New Line of Cat Toys at Global Pet Expo”

1. Diane Ricciardi Stewart says:

so very pawsome!! may have to get some for my ‘kids’ as well!! <3

2. love those colors – can’t wait to see everything in person!

3. So exciting!! I know what Abby will be getting for her birthday : )

4. Julie says:

our cats have a lot of toys, but there is always room for some toys from Jackson!

5. OMG I CAN’T WAIT!!!!!! These look like the BEST toys I have EVER seen!

6. monica ackerman says:

I am totally in love with Jackson Galaxy. Just got through watching two older but new to me episodes this weekend and the man is a genius. He isn’t just a cat behaviorist but a psychologist and mind reader as well. What he can accomplish with some of these really hopeless looking cases is amazing. I hope he keeps on keeping on. Forever.

7. Mason Canyon says:

Looks like great toys and love the various colors.

8. Cheryl Roark says:

OMG Awesome cat toy overload!

9. We can’t wait to see them!

10. Sue Brandes says:

I hope I can find those around here. They look cool.

11. Monica Ackerman says:

Well, maybe there is something in that line that will motivate my two couch potato cats to get down on the floor and play with me. I can’t tell you how many $10 puzzles, rolling ball contraptions, lasermice, scratching toys, etc. etc. are in my closet-rejected. once in a while I can get their attention with a feather or fishy wand but their patience is very limited. After a few minutes of play they stroll off and go back on the couch. Even blowing bubbles seems to bore them to tears. But they’re healthy and they get along so who am I to complain?

12. Lois Curcio says:

I can’t wait to see these toys in the stores or online! I love Jackson Galaxy!