Best Interactive Cat Toys

Allegra with Neko Flies Kattipede

Interactive toys are a great way to keep your cats stimulated both mentally and physically, and a great way for both you and your cats to get in on the fun.

Interactive toys fall into two categories: toys that your cats can play with on their own, and toys that are designed for joint play for cat and human. I introduced you to Interactive Puzzle Toys for Smart Cats a couple of months ago.

Interactive toys provide fun for cat and human

Toys such as feather teasers,wand toys or fishing pole type toys can provide hours of fun for you and for kitty. Playing with your cat is not only fun, it also increases the bond between the two of you. Here are some of my, and Allegra and Ruby’s, favorites:

DaBird

Da Bird interactive cat toy recommended by Jackson Galaxy

Allegra and Ruby adore their DaBird toy. If you’ve been watching My Cat From Hell, you’ve probably noticed that are very few episodes when the Da Bird toy hasn’t come out of Jackson’s guitar case. The toy mimics a bird in flight so perfectly, it drives cats nuts, and it’s a great way to get them really tired out!

Neko Flies

Allegra with Kiticatterfly

Neko Flies toys are a perennial favorite at our house. The attachments mimic critters cats might encounter in the wild. For someone like me, who is not fond of creepy crawlies, the likeness is almost a bit eerie at times!

Cat-a-Pole

This is no ordinary wand toy. For starters, the Cat-a-Pole is huge! The wand is about 4 feet long. It’s made from sturdy plastic. And here’s the best part: unlike other interactive toys, the Cat-A-Pole doesn’t use string to attach the toy. The pom pom toy with feathers is attached with a short, sturdy chain to a 40lb fishing line that runs inside the plastic tube. This clever design creates a completely unpredictable motion, and, unlike most other interactive toys, there is no string to get tangled up during play.

Go Cat Mouse

Go_Cat_Mouse

This is another paws down favorite at our house. The Go Cat Mouse features a cute little mouse attached to a flexible braided wire, which is connected to a 12″ glitter wand. Allegra and Ruby goes nuts for this one.

Do your cats have a favorite interactive toy?

FTC Disclosure: This post contains Amazon Associate links. This means that if you decide to purchase through any of our links, we get a small commission. We only spread the word about products and services we’ve either used or would use ourselves.

17 Comments on Best Interactive Cat Toys

1. Kerri King
    August 27, 2015 at 2:39 pm (2 years ago)

I have all of these and my cats love them all, but nothing gets all eight of them to play like a super-long peacock feather. I buy them in bulk and just toss them as they inevitably get destroyed.

2. Margie
    October 10, 2014 at 3:57 pm (3 years ago)

The Go Cat Mouse toy is a big favorite in our house. We have the Neko Flies and the Da Bird. All wonderful for our playtime fun! I alternate them so they never know what they will get.

3. Kerri
    October 10, 2014 at 2:02 pm (3 years ago)

I have eight cats and Da Bird was my go-to until recently, when I bought the Go Cat Mouse. While four of my cats were regularly interested in Da Bird, every single one will go after the Go Cat Mouse. One of my cats has even started sitting under the cabinet where the toy is stored, hoping I’ll pull it out when I pass. I’ve thought about the Neko Flies but they’re quite a bit more expensive.

October 10, 2014 at 3:13 pm (3 years ago)

Allegra and Ruby love the Go Cat Mouse, too!

4. cathy
    May 18, 2013 at 5:54 pm (4 years ago)

i am looking for cat toys that hang from the door frame that has feathers and /or sparkily strips and thin strips that swing around.. my cat loves to sit there and floss his teeth while he is waiting for me to wake up and he also does it while i am going to sleep and then he goes to bed with my roomie.. we have not been able to find this type of cat toy.. i got these toys at Petsmart in Okla City about 7 years ago and my roomie had put them up when we moved here.. and he just adored them.. now that they are broken… we can NOT find anything like that here in this area of Ft.Mohave, Bull Head City, City.. i sure hope you can help..
    i would like to know about that filtration system for the 2 cats i have.. i did not see any prices for them.. can i get a catalog for cats and dogs.. i have a friend that has dogs too.. thank you for your wonderful t.v. show! cathy

5. The Island Cats
    May 9, 2013 at 5:02 pm (4 years ago)

We LOVE Da Bird and Neko Flies! They are the best toys in our opinion. We’ve already killed a few Da Birds.

May 9, 2013 at 5:24 pm (4 years ago)

We’ve gone through quite a few replacements, too.

6. Becky
    May 9, 2013 at 12:44 pm (4 years ago)

Everyone loves Da Bird, although it took one of mine several play sessions before he got into it. They all take turns and go around a few turns before mom collapses! I’m sure any fling toy will be great I’ll buy some of the others you mentioned!

Our game brought on by Marshmallow is SPRINGS. The living room is divided into cat time & dog time. Marshmallow spends all of cat time bringing all the springs into the living room. All of them play as we toss the springs around. Then mom cleans them all up when cat time is over. This process has taken place for over 3 months now. It has become our ritual!

There was however the one time when mom missed a spring and the dog had it stuck in her front paw. She was hopping around waiting for me to remove it, but I was too busy laughing at that adorable sad face.

7. Laura K
    May 9, 2013 at 10:34 am (4 years ago)

My cats LOVE Da Bird!! It’s the only toy that gets my over weight cat moving. I always recommend Da Bird when I am volunteering at our local SPCA (they carry it now in our Petique store because of Jackson!). It’s great for all ages of cats, and burns off some energy in young spunky cats. I think I may have to order the Neko flies!

May 9, 2013 at 5:22 pm (4 years ago)

I bet your cats would like the Neko Flies, Laura.

8. Tom
    May 9, 2013 at 10:25 am (4 years ago)

Oh we will definitely have to check some of these out. Some of our kitties like toys like the little balls and mice and others don’t so I’m curious what they will think of some of these. Saul loves the fishing pole type toys so definitely will have to try the ones that you describe here.

Best regards,

Tom Mary Beth and the furries.

May 9, 2013 at 5:21 pm (4 years ago)

Let me know how your kitties like the toys, Tom.

9. Caren Gittleman
    May 9, 2013 at 8:27 am (4 years ago)

I agree with Neko Flies and Da Bird!!!! (I don’t know about the others!) Do you believe I hid Cody’s Da Bird so well (I didn’t want him to eat the feather) that I CAN’T FIND IT!!???? lol

May 9, 2013 at 5:21 pm (4 years ago)

LOL Caren!

10. Deborah Julian Cat Art DeborahJulian.etsy.com
    May 9, 2013 at 7:40 am (4 years ago)

My cats agree with your first two choices. The Neko Flies toys are their current favorites. I hadn’t seen the Go Cat toy before. I think they would love that one too and will give it a try.

May 9, 2013 at 5:10 pm (4 years ago)

Let me know how your cats like the Go Cat, Debbie.