Published by: Ingrid King. Last Updated on: October 23, 2022 by Crystal Uys
This is the fountain you’ve all been waiting for! We previously reviewed and loved Petlibro’s Automatic Capsule Fountain and featured their Stainless Steel Fountain, which is one of our Best Cat Products of 2021. I think you will love Petlibro’s newest fountain, the Rainbow Automatic Ceramic fountain.
Rainbow Automatic Ceramic Fountain features
- Sleek modern design with a colorful rainbow top.
- Enclosed tank prevents debris from falling into the tank.
- Quadruple filtration: coconut shell activated carbon removes bad tastes and odors, and ion exchange resin softens the water to prevent the build-up of limescale. The foam pre-filter that surrounds the pump and the pre-filter pump cover filters impurities, so the pump performs better and requires less frequent cleaning.
- Easy to clean and dishwasher safe: the smooth surface and round shape make it easy to clean without hard-to-clean nooks and crannies. The fountain, with the exception of the pump and filters, can be washed in the dishwasher.
- 1.5 liter/50 ounce capacity and low water reminder.
- Ultra quiet operation until the fountain gets low on water, then the pump gets noisy to remind you to refill.
- Safe low voltage detachable pump.
Putting the Rainbow Automatic Ceramic Fountain to the test
The fountain was easy to put together. All you have to do is soak the filter for five minutes, put it into the filter housing, and attach that to the pump. Plug the fountain in and you’re good to go.
Like all of Petlibro’s fountains, this one is whisper quiet, to the point of being virtually silent. The video below was taken almost immediately after I plugged the fountain in, so I think Allegra approves! I like the cute rainbow top, it looks so cheerful.
I love everything about this fountain except for one thing: the black power cord. This is, admittedly, a pet peeve of mine when it comes to industrial design: I don’t understand why a white appliance, or anything white that needs to be plugged in, doesn’t come with a white power cord! Of course, it in no way distracts from the functionality and all the other good things about this fountain and it’s not enough to stop me from giving it our covered Seal of Approval, but I sure wish they were making it with a white power cord.
Ingrid King is an award-winning author, former veterinary hospital manager, and veterinary journalist who is passionate about cats.
Table of Contents