Published by: Ingrid King. Last Updated on: October 22, 2022 by Crystal Uys
Odors are a fact of life when you share your life with pets, and we all have our preferred ways of dealing with them. I’m always looking for safe and effective ways to eliminate odors so I can share them with you, and I was delighted when the folks at Okaysou asked me to review their AirMax 8L air purifier.
This air purifier doesn’t just eliminate household odors as small as 0.25 microns, it also captures 99.97% of air pollutants like pet hair and dander, dust, pollen, and smoke. It also safely breaks down various harmful gases, such as formaldehyde, ammonia, benzene and VOC’s (volatile organic compounds.)
Okaysou AirMax8L Features
- Medical Grade ULTRA-DUO filtration system
- Advanced turbine motor with 45 vanes, creative internal structure and larger air inlet area (14.17 x 9.52 inches) work together to take in more air and effectively remove odors and pollutants.
- Bonus features: sleep mode, filter replacement indicator, auto shut-off protection, and child lock
- The combination of 3-Stage Ultra Filtration and 2-Stage Duo Filtration captures pet dander and hair that can cause breathing problems.
- Circulates air up to 1.5x per hour in a room size of 800 sq.ft, 3x per hour in 500 sq.ft, 5x per hour in 320 sq.ft.
- “Touch It And Forget It” – Developed with the latest Silenceboost Technology, this air purifier is super quiet with a noise level of 28 decibels (30 decibels is what a whisper sounds like)
- Compact modern design that fits in any home
- Superior Safety – CE, FCC, ETL, and CARB certified. 100% Ozone Free. 5-year warranty plus lifetime US based customer support.
- Use genuine and affordable Okaysou Duo-filter (B07KCBGRS2) and Ultra-filter (B07KC81LCN) to maintain optimum purification performance.
Putting the Okaysou AirMax8L to the test
This air purifier is ready to go almost straight out of the box. All you have to do is to take out the two filters and remove the plastic wrap, put the filters back inside, plug it in and start using it.
The AirMAx 8L has three speed modes. It’s barely audible at the lowest mode, and only slightly louder at the second and third level.
We don’t have much of an issue with litter box odors since I pretty much scoop as soon as Allegra uses the box, but I did test it on a particularly smelly deposit after the “scent” lingered even after I had removed it. It only took a couple of minutes to completely clear the air.
The real test for me was going to be cooking odors. I really dislike having my house smell like the dinner I enjoyed for hours after I finish my meal. The Okaysou AirMax 8L performed exceptionally well. Even after making a very fragrant (and yummy!) buffalo fried shrimp dinner, it cleared the lingering odors within just a few minutes.
Another thing I really like about this air purifier is that it doesn’t generate the ozone odor like some other brands I’ve had in the past. All you’re left with is clean air.
I love everything about this air purifier. It’s safe, it’s effective, and the sleek and unobtrusive design fits in with any decor. I’ve been rotating this from room to room as needed, which is easy to do since it only weighs about 10 pounds, but they also offer a smaller version for rooms less than 300 square feet. I’d love to have the AirMic 4S for permanent residence in my bedroom.
Ingrid King is an award-winning author, former veterinary hospital manager, and veterinary journalist who is passionate about cats.