Published by: Ingrid King. Last Updated on: February 1, 2023 by Crystal Uys
Petfinder wants your help to prove that everyone can love a cat. Even though cats far outnumber dogs in the United States, they have long been seen as second-class pets by many people. Petfinder’s new campaign, “I am a Cat Parent,” hopes to dispel the stereotypes that are often attached to people who love cats, including the “crazy cat lady” moniker that is one of my pet peeves. The campaign aims to bring cats and cat parents into the spotlight to show us for what we are – real, funny, down-to-earth, inventive and diverse.
To that end, Petfinder offers a number of fun features on their website to help spread the word about the joys of being a cat parent.
- A gallery of cool cat dads, including Jackson Galaxy from Animal Planet’s My Cat From Hell
- Petfinder Foundation’s PSA to dispel stereotypes about cats
- Articles dispelling cat myths
- Weekly catification tips from Kate Benjamin of Hauspanther and Jackson Galaxy
- Infographics with facts about cats in the United States
- Memes and badges to show your cat pride
Help spread the word that everyone can love a cat. Share this post or Petfinder’s badges on your social networks, write a blog post about the campaign, and educate others about the joys of loving cats.
For more information about the campaign, visit I am a Cat Parent on Petfinder.
About the author
Ingrid King is an award-winning author, former veterinary hospital manager, and veterinary journalist who is passionate about cats.