Published by: Ingrid King. Last Updated on: July 9, 2023 by Crystal Uys
Today is National Feral Cat Day. This annual event is coordinated by Alley Cat Allies as a way to raise awareness about feral cats, promote Trap-Neuter-Return, and recognize the millions of compassionate Americans who care for them. Each year people in communities across the country hold hundreds of events on National Feral Cat Day to draw attention to the cause and make a difference in the lives of cats. This year there are over 300 events planned in all 50 states.
This year’s motto for National Feral Cat Day is “Compassion for Cats: Coast to Coast.”
Here are some ways you can help to protect and improve the lives of feral cats:
- Attend an event in you area. The Alley Cat Allies website has a listing of events across the nation.
- Donate your Facebook status to let your friends know you’re celebrating National Feral Cat Day to spread awareness about the plight of feral cats.
- If you know someone who is feeding feral cats, ask if they would like a donation of food or other supplies to help defray costs.
- Post a widget to your blog or website to help raise awareness about the needs of feral cats.
- Connect with Alley Cat Allies on Facebook and Twitter.
- Show your support by purchasing National Feral Cat Day merchandise.
- Visit Vox Felina, a blog featuring research notes, news stories, correspondences, and associated commentary focused on a range of issues related to feral cats in general, and Trap-Neuter-Return in particular.
Featured Image Credit: Nathalie Jolie, Unsplash
About the author
Ingrid King is an award-winning author, former veterinary hospital manager, and veterinary journalist who is passionate about cats.