Published by: Ingrid King. Last Updated on: February 6, 2023 by Crystal Uys
This post contains affiliate links*
Cats have a natural affinity for warm spaces, so it’s not surprising that heated cat beds tend to be a favorite for many. They are especially nice for senior cats, cats with arthritis, or cats who are recovering from illness or surgery.
What to look for in a heated bed
Look for a bed with low sides to make entering and exiting easy for senior cats. The bed should fit your cat’s sleeping position. For cats who love to sleep curled up, a smaller bed will be fine, but for kitties who like to stretch out, a larger bed or one with low sides will be a better choice. The bed should be easy to clean. Ideally, the bed, or at least the cover, should be machine washable. Most importantly, look for safety features such as low wattage and automatic shutoffs. Generally, heated beds operate at a wattage lower than your average nightlight.
K&H Thermo-Kitty Fashion Splash
The K&H Thermo-Kitty Fashion Splash bed checks all the boxes above.
- Soft orthopedic foam base and over-stuffed bolsters for security and comfort
- Optimal temperature: the bed is thermostatically controlled to automatically warm to your cat’s normal body temperature only when your kitty is in the bed
- Energy efficient: the bed is low wattage. The thermostatically controlled 4 watt heater is removable so the bed can be used in all all seasons
- Machine washable: the bed features a removable cover for easy wash and care.
- Safety: K&H doesn’t just use safety listed parts, they safety certify the entire product. This heated cat bed has been tested & certified by MET Labs and exceeds USA/CA electrical safety standards
- Two sizes and colors: the K&H Thermo-Kitty Fashion Splash is available in blue and mocha. The small bed measures 16″ in diameter, the large measures 16″ x 22″.
We have the small bed, which is plenty big enough for Allegra, who weighs about 10 pounds. She mostly likes to sleep curled up, but sometimes she wants to sleep stretched out, and the low sides make that comfortable for her as well.
The K&H Thermo-Kitty Fashion Splash bed is available from Amazon.
*The Conscious Cat is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. This means that if you decide to purchase through any of our links, we get a small commission. We only spread the word about products and services we’ve either used or would use ourselves.
About the author
Ingrid King is an award-winning author, former veterinary hospital manager, and veterinary journalist who is passionate about cats.