Published by: Ingrid King. Last Updated on: June 22, 2023 by Crystal Uys
When I was using my trusty Fuller Brush Carpet Sweeper around the litter box the other day, it occurred to me that I had never told you about it. I’ve had this little sweeper for about three years now, and I can’t imagine being without it. And I feel like I should apologize to all of you for not telling you about it sooner!
Fuller Brush Sweeper Features
This electrostatic carpet and floor sweeper just works. It works on carpet, vinyl, tile, and probably works just as well on wood or laminate floors, I just don’t have those in my house.
- Small but mighty: at only 10 inches wide, this little sweeper is easy to store, but for its small size, it’s pretty powerful. It won’t replace your regular vacuum cleaner, but for quick pick ups or freshening up your home in between a full vacuum session, it can’t be beat. The handle pivots, so it easily gets underneath furniture.
- Super easy to empty: The sweeper features a dual dust bin which is so easy to empty: simply push open, dump out the dust and litter, and you’re good to go again. It comes with a perfectly sized comb to get hair out of the brush, which is a lifesaver for someone like me with long hair.
- Sturdy construction: No cheap plastic. This sweeper is made from long lasting, indestructable metal, but it’s still lightweight and easy to carry and maneuver.
- A name you can trust: Fuller has been known for its quality cleaning products for over 100 years, and they stand behind their products. The sweeper comes with a 3-year-warranty.
- No battery or electrical cord: This little sweeper is human powered and is always ready to go.
Why I love this sweeper
We know living with cats creates messes, whether it’s litter or hair. This little sweeper picks up scattered litter like there’s no tomorrow – a couple of passes over the area around the litter box, and it looks pristine.
The carpet in my house is pretty old, and replacing it is not in the cards – I would never put Allegra through the upheaval a complete floor replacement would create. So instead, I try my best to keep it as nice as possible with regular vacuuming. I vacuum once a week with my trusty Bissell Air Ram (another life changing appliance!) and a couple of times a week, I use this little sweeper to go over the high traffic areas. People don’t believe me when I tell them how old my carpet is when they come to my house. You know how nice your carpet looks when it’s freshly vacuumed, with the tracks still visible? This sweeper makes them look the same. (Yes, I do get excited about little things like that!.)
The absolute best part about this sweeper: it’s completely quiet! Allegra hates the vacuum cleaner, but she barely even lifts her head when I use this sweeper while she’s asleep.
The sweeper comes in black, purple and red. When I bought it, it was also available in pink.
The Fuller Brush Carpet and Floor Sweeper is available from Amazon.
About the author
Ingrid King is an award-winning author, former veterinary hospital manager, and veterinary journalist who is passionate about cats.