Searching for "raw feeding"

Balanced Blends Guide to Raw Feeding: De-Mystifying Pet Food Labels

pet-food-label-ingredients

This post is sponsored by Balanced Blends

This article is part of a series sponsored by Balanced Blends, a raw pet food company, answering some of the most common questions around feeding a raw food diet to your cats.

Buying pet food can be an overwhelming and confusing process. Pet food labels are supposed to provide information to consumers, but unless you know how to interpret the information on the labels, they may only add to the confusion.Continue Reading

Balanced Blends Guide to Raw Feeding: Transitioning Your Cat to a Raw Food Diet

cat-empty-bowl

This article is part of a series sponsored by Balanced Blends, a raw pet food company, answering some of the most common questions around feeding a raw food diet to your cats.

After doing the research, you’ve finally found the optimal raw diet for your cat. But now comes the potentially challenging part – transitioning your favorite feline to the diet that you know is better for them, but that’s totally different from what they’re used to eating. While some cats will take to raw immediately, others may take a little bit longer. How can you make the transition easier?Continue Reading

Balanced Blends Guide to Raw Feeding

guide-to-raw-feeding

This is the first in a series of articles sponsored by Balanced Blends, a raw pet food company, answering some of the most common questions around feeding a raw food diet to your cats.

Today’s article starts at the very beginning: with the reasons why raw feeding has become so popular among cat parents.Continue Reading

Nature’s Variety Instinct Raw Bites make raw feeding easier than ever

 Natures__Variety_Instinct_Raw_Bites

I rarely accept foods for review, unless it’s something I’ve already thoroughly researched and/or tried. I won’t use Allegra and Ruby as product testers for diets whose claims I can’t verify.

Nature’s Variety is a brand I’ve been feeding for several years, in both the raw and canned varieties. They made my – very small – list of recommended brands (the list is small because I’m extremely picky about what I feed my cats). When they asked me whether I’d like to try their new Raw Bites product, I readily agreed, much to Allegra and Ruby’s delight. They wish my food review policy wasn’t quite so stringent…

Nature’s Variety frozen Raw Bites, are, as the name implies, bite size frozen raw pieces that thaw quickly. They’re formulated just like their other frozen diets, available in nugget and patty form, with 95% meat, organs, and raw ground bone. The remaining 5% Continue Reading

Darwin’s Makes Feeding Raw Easy

Darwins-raw-cat-food

This post is sponsored by Darwin’s Natural Pet Food and contains affiliate links*

As more and more cat parents are looking for ways to provide optimal nutrition for their feline family members, raw feeding is becoming more and more popular. Embraced for decades by holistically oriented pet parents and holistic veterinarians, the availability of commercially prepared raw diets like Darwin’s have made raw feeding easier than ever before. Continue Reading