Cannabis has been used for thousands of years across many cultures. Over the last few years, the market for CBD products for pets has been exploding, with new products being introduced all the time. With so many choices, it can be challenging to find a quality product that is safe and effective.
How can CBD help your cat?
CBD can help with a wide variety of conditions. Hemp naturally contains compounds which affect the endocannabinoid system, an internal pathway found in mammals. Nearly every tissue contains receptors which respond to the components found in cannabis, acting separately but holistically with the body’s other receptor systems. In most cases, CBD is not meant to be used as the sole treatment. Hemp has no known negative interactions with other medications or supplements due to lack of scientific studies on the subject.
Cannabis, CBD & THC
There’s quite a bit of confusion about the terms used when it comes to using components of the medical marijuana plant for pets. Cannabis sativa is the name for the plant. There are many different strains of this plant. Some strains are used to make the federally illegal marijuana. Others are used to make hemp for industrial and therapeutic use. In general, cannabis plants contain both CBD (cannabidiol) and THC (tetrahydrocannabinol). CBD alone does not cause a “high.” The high is caused by THC, which is the psychoactive component. Products made with less than 0.3% THC are legal in most states.
Your cat will not get high from cannabis products with less than 0.3% THC, because these products focus on the non-THC portions of the plant that seem to have the best benefit without giving animals the high that recreational users seek. In higher concentrations, THC can be toxic to dogs and cats. This is why you should never blow marijuana smoke in your pet’s face or administer human medical grade cannabis to pets.
What to look for in a quality CBD product
- Does the product use naturally grown hemp? Hemp readily absorbs everything from the soil it grows in, so it’s important that the product is sourced from reputable farmers.
- Is the product a full-spectrum oil? Full-spectrum oils are made from whole-plant extracts, and are generally considered to be of higher quality than those made from CBD isolates.
- Does the product contain less than 0.3% THC? Processing can affect the levels of THC, and lower quality products may have higher amounts.
- Does the product make medical claims? CBD is not approved as medical treatment for either humans or animals, and no company can legally claim that its product provides cures for medical conditions. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
- Has the product been tested by an independent lab? A trustworthy company will make these results public.
worksSOwell™ Organic Hemp Oil
worksSOwell™, the new CBD product from the makers of 1TDC™, meets all of the requirements for a quality product:
- Full spectrum
- Certified organic hemp seeds
- 300mg of CBD per bottle, 30mg of CBD per 1ml serving
- 3rd party lab tested
- Contains less than 0.3% THC
- Human grade
- Made in the USA
- Veterinarian approved
- Tasty salmon flavor
The CBD oil can be given with food. Since the carrier oil is salmon, some cats may even like to take it “straight up.”
For more information about worksSOwell™ and to order, visit worksSOwell.com. Through the end of today, get 15% off your purchase with code CBD15.
*The Conscious Cat is an affiliate partner of worksSOwell™.This means that if you decide to purchase through any of our links, we get a small commission. We only spread the word about products and services we’ve either used or would use ourselves.