Mews and Nips: Fancy Feast’s Chef Creates Recipes for Humans

cat-kitchen-table

Chef Amanda Hassner cooks for the people who develop Fancy Feast. After graduating from culinary school, she started working with Nestle helping to design Lean Cuisine, Stouffer’s and Hot Pockets. A dog and cat lover, she jumped at the chance to work for Purina (Fancy Feast’s parent company.) She developed a collection of recipes inspired by Fancy Feast’s Petites collection. For more about Hassner, and the digital cookbook, read the Washington Post interview with Hassner, or view the digital cookbook.

If you missed any of the stories featured on the Conscious Cat this week, here’s a recap: on Sunday, Love and Above Cat Club found Siena Lee-Tajiri reminded us that we already know how to love, on Monday, we shared natural remedies for arthritic cats, on Tuesday, we featured two torties who take tortitude to the great outdoors, on Wednesday, we announced a $40 off sale of the Basepaws DNA test, and on Friday, I shared  one of my all time favorite cat books with you. And don’t forget to enter our giveaway to win an Assisi Loop Lounge Therapy Pad!

Saturday morning cartoons, anyone? This kitty is all set!

Have a great weekend!

Photo Unsplash stock photo

6 Comments on Mews and Nips: Fancy Feast’s Chef Creates Recipes for Humans

1. Caren
    May 4, 2021 at 2:33 pm (2 months ago)

A few years ago when Purina brought a bunch of us out there, we got to sample some of Amanda’s creations that were human food designed around cat food. I have to be honest, I just couldn’t get past the cat food aspect of it. I think I only liked maybe one of the dishes that we tasted? But that’s just me……it IS a clever concept and I know she put tons of work into it and she was delightful!

2. Mary McNeil
    May 1, 2021 at 3:33 pm (2 months ago)

When I feed mine a Fancy Feast appetizer I am sometimes tempted to spread it on a cracker…

3. Nancy
    May 1, 2021 at 12:46 pm (2 months ago)

I’ve tried Fancy Feast Petites in the tuna flavor and my cats love it!!

4. Theresa Anspaugh
    May 1, 2021 at 7:45 am (2 months ago)

Wow ! Fancy Feast for Mommy and Tasha! Love the Video of Mr Bobby. Talk about the life of Riley! Ever wonder what goes thru their heads when watching videos? Who says that cats don’t think!

5. Janine
    May 1, 2021 at 6:08 am (2 months ago)

Those recipes do look good. When I first started reading your post, I wasn’t sure what to expect.
    The video is really cute and made me smile.

6. Abby
    May 1, 2021 at 1:31 am (2 months ago)

First, the precious video of the cat in the chair watching a big-screen TV is most endearing. I love it. Next, I haven’t done anything except zap, defrost, or heat up meals since 2018. I’m going to try to make a couple of the Fancy Feast recipies. They look delicious. Where else could I have discovered something like this except here. Thanks for all Ingrid.