Allegra’s World: 11th Adoption Anniversary

Allegra-anniversay

Hi everyone, it’s Allegra! Today is my 11th Adoption Anniversary! Eleven years ago today, Mom brought me home to live with her and Amber. Sadly, I never got to know Amber really well, because she passed away six weeks after I arrived. Then it was just Mom and me for almost a year before Ruby joined our family.

For the past year and a half, it’s been just Mom and me again. I still miss my sister, but I also really like having Mom to myself. This past year has been so strange, with Mom being home almost all the time because of “the situation,” and it’s been quite a job taking care of her all by myself. Mom has been sad a lot over the past year, and she’s also felt anxious a lot, but I think I’ve done a good job making sure she’s okay.

Lately, things have felt lighter and Mom seems less stressed, and it feels like the situation is not going to be with us much longer. Even though I know that means Mom will probably not be home quite as much, I love that she is feeling more hopeful. Whatever makes her happy makes me happy.

But today is a day for celebration – 11 years!  How is that even possible? I still feel like a kitten! Thank you for bringing me home and loving me all these years, Mom!

I’m going to have some tuna cake in Ruby’s memory to celebrate. I’m pretty sure I won’t have to share it with Mom….

contribute banner ad

24 Comments on Allegra’s World: 11th Adoption Anniversary

1. Puggy
    April 11, 2021 at 8:41 am (2 months ago)

Happy Adoption Day! I just discovered this blog. Allegra is adorable. May the two of you have many many more adoption anniversaries.

2. Caren
    April 8, 2021 at 1:28 pm (2 months ago)

OMC OMC OMC!! Please forgive us that we missed your 11th Adoption Anniversary!! We know your mama gave you extra lovin’ that day! (but she loves you TONS EVERY DAY!!) Hoping your day was extra special!!! Sending lots of love, Caren, Roary and Levi

3. Allison
    April 7, 2021 at 10:21 am (3 months ago)

Happy 11th adoption anniversary, Allegra! You’re a good comfort for your mom.

4. Ingrid
    April 7, 2021 at 4:07 am (3 months ago)

Thank you for all the lovely wishes! The anniversary girl had a purrfect day following the sun puddles, playing and napping, and of course, there was tuna cake in Ruby’s memory!

• Janine
      April 7, 2021 at 5:40 am (3 months ago)

You really are the best cat mom. Allegra hit the jackpot when she came to live with you.

5. pam Kerstner
    April 6, 2021 at 9:22 pm (3 months ago)

Happy Adoption Anniversary I am so happy for both of you !!

6. Eleanor Skibo
    April 6, 2021 at 7:19 pm (3 months ago)

Happy, Happy 11th Adoption Anniversary, Allegra! You were so lucky that a kind, caring, loving person like your Mom, Ingrid, to have adopted you. But one can only look into your eyes and see that you’re now and probably was then the sweetest cat any human would want to have in their life.
    My heart cries for you, Allegra, that you had the unfortunate experiences of losing 2 adoptive sisters. Hurt has a way of making all of us stronger, and I feel you, Allegra and your mom, Ingrid, were meant to comfort each other during those losses. Life moves on and live for the moment, but live as if there’ll always be another tomorrow. I love you both and continue to make memories until there are no more to make.

7. Brian Frum
    April 6, 2021 at 7:11 pm (3 months ago)

Happy Gotcha Day beautiful Allegra!!!

8. Cheri Collins
    April 6, 2021 at 6:04 pm (3 months ago)

Maybe it’s time to adopt a friend for Allegra? Just wondering….

9. Theresa Anspaugh
    April 6, 2021 at 5:22 pm (3 months ago)

Happy Gotcha Day Allegrea! You have brought your mommy great joy since she brought you home. You are one lucky Kitty. How was your Tuna Cake?
    Purrs and Hugs,
    Terri & Tasha

10. Mary McNeil
    April 6, 2021 at 3:07 pm (3 months ago)

Happy Gotcha Day Allegra ! You sure landed in a great home !

11. Lynda
    April 6, 2021 at 1:59 pm (3 months ago)

Happy 11th Adoptiversary sweet Allegra! Hope you find a lot of sun puddles today!

12. ellen beck
    April 6, 2021 at 1:05 pm (3 months ago)

Happy 11th Adoption Anniversary! Time flies by and things happen good and sometimes not so good . But eleven years is really good and i am sure you have brought lots of smiles.

13. Timmy Tomcat
    April 6, 2021 at 10:41 am (3 months ago)

Happy Gotcha Day Allegra! This is such a big day for all pets we are so happy you found such a wonderful home. Yes we hope the situation is over soon too

14. Connie Fischer
    April 6, 2021 at 8:42 am (3 months ago)

Allegra, you are so pretty. You need to meet my Sophie. Both of you have that streak of caramel from the bottom of your mouth down across your neck. Exact spot, exact color. Beautiful tortie girls! Happy adoption day, sweetie.

15. Janine
    April 6, 2021 at 6:52 am (3 months ago)

Happy Gotcha Day, Sweet Allegra!

April 6, 2021 at 6:42 am (3 months ago)

Happy Gotcha Day.

17. Nancy Faulkner
    April 6, 2021 at 6:36 am (3 months ago)

Allegra,

Happy birthday

Grayson, Milo, Hamish & Nan

18. Mason Canyon
    April 6, 2021 at 4:44 am (3 months ago)

Happy Adoption Day. Hope you both have a wonderful day.

19. Abby F.
    April 6, 2021 at 3:05 am (3 months ago)

This was just the good news I needed for today! Happy 11th Year Adoption Anniversary, Allegra!

20. Maria T
    April 6, 2021 at 2:42 am (3 months ago)

Happy Adoptiversary sweet Allegra! You haven’t aged a bit >^^<

21. Kim
    April 6, 2021 at 2:23 am (3 months ago)

Happy Adoptiversary beautiful. Have a fun day.

22. Summer
    April 6, 2021 at 1:27 am (3 months ago)

Happy gotcha day, Allegra! My human senses that things are changing for the better too. Even I am!