Remembering Ruby: That Time When Ruby Became an Agility Champion

cat_agility

A little over a year later, I still miss my beautiful little girl terribly. I treasure the memories of our time together, even if they’re sometimes more painful than comforting, but that’s as it should be when you’re grieving a loss.

Today’s memory goes back to 2014, when Ruby and I sort of “happened” upon an agility parcours in our kitty playroom. I was playing with her and Allegra with a wand toy, and started dragging it through some of the hollow scratchers and tunnels. She followed it through all of  them and had a blast.

Click here to read the full story of Ruby’s agility prowess and watch a video of her “parcours.”

contribute banner ad

8 Comments on Remembering Ruby: That Time When Ruby Became an Agility Champion

1. Summer
    January 6, 2021 at 10:24 pm (4 months ago)

Aww, what a fun memory!

• Louise Ayers
      January 7, 2021 at 10:50 am (4 months ago)

Our 3 did a agility last night while we were sleeping, no need for help, the remains were found on floor this am. Coasters and trestle table mat on floor, kitchen towel drug half way to bedroom, back of couch blanket was on floor. Husband covers his virtual reality headset with a towel, that ended up under coffee table, and his box of kleenex was on floor…..fun with siblings that are 3……

2. Mary McNeil
    January 6, 2021 at 5:05 pm (4 months ago)

What sweet memories.

3. Timmy Tomcat
    January 6, 2021 at 3:09 pm (4 months ago)

Ruby sure can zip through those tunnels. What a champion

4. Allison
    January 6, 2021 at 11:20 am (4 months ago)

Big hugs! When my first cat died in 2013, my world felt heavy and dark for months and months. It’s so hard to lose our feline friends.

On another note, all of my cats do agility. My first cat just did it over chairs and through tunnels. Since her, all my cats have been given access to a full agility course with weaves, jumps, and cat walks.

5. Connie Fischer
    January 6, 2021 at 8:11 am (4 months ago)

Ruby was a total love. Now that you can remember the fun times shows your heart is healing. But she will always be in your heart and, hopefully, you will remember her with a smile.

6. Janine
    January 6, 2021 at 6:52 am (4 months ago)

What a fun memory. I’m glad some of her memories are bringing some joy to your life.

7. Eleanor Skibo
    January 6, 2021 at 1:35 am (4 months ago)

Ruby, the Champion, really was a champ in every little/big venture she tried. I know, Ingrid, your loss is still in your heart and mind and some part of those will always stay with you. But that’s just fine; they make you smile, laugh and even cry. Maybe, where ever Ruby is at she may be thinking of you and Allegra, also. Ruby truly was a Champion and a Gem and all of us will always think of her in some special way.