Remembering Ruby: That Time When the Girls Went Fishing

cat-fish-tent

As I’m mourning my beautiful little girl, the memories keep flooding in. I still miss her terribly every day, and memories are sometimes comforting, sometimes painful, but that’s as it should be when you’re grieving a loss. One of the things I miss a lot is “writing” the spirited exchanges Allegra and Ruby had on occasion, so I thought I’d share one today.

Allegra and Ruby were very excited when we received the Gone Fishin’ Cat Tent from Triple T Studios, and they decided right away that they would go on a fishing trip.

Read Girls Gone Fishin’ for the full story of their adventure.

contribute banner ad

11 Comments on Remembering Ruby: That Time When the Girls Went Fishing

1. Nancy West
    August 28, 2020 at 12:25 pm (3 months ago)

My heart! These are beautiful memories! Precious Ruby…

2. Martha
    August 26, 2020 at 5:31 pm (3 months ago)

Has Allegra ever tried one of those floppy fish?

August 27, 2020 at 5:12 am (3 months ago)

She hasn’t. I think they might be a little too scary for her!

3. Timmy Tomcat
    August 26, 2020 at 12:35 pm (3 months ago)

We still grieve the loss of our 20 year old top cat Buddy Budd who left us this year. Mr Buttons who left in 2018 met him at the Bridge and they were the first of our crew to have to say goodbye. It is still hard but we make more memories and have lots of love yet to give each other. We will really enjoy the new Tent Dad just got us. We got a pink one!

August 26, 2020 at 1:40 pm (3 months ago)

I know it’s so hard. I hope the new tent and fishies will bring some smiles!

4. Marci Schmidt
    August 26, 2020 at 11:54 am (3 months ago)

I have a “Ruby and Allegra pair”…they are my babies. I am so sorry for your loss of Ruby. It is heartbreaking. We “cat ladies” understand So very well.

5. Nancy Faulkner
    August 26, 2020 at 10:09 am (3 months ago)

Love the fishing story with Allegra & Ruby! The fish tent with Ruby is adorable too.

Do enjoy your Allegra & Ruby stories. Please, keep them coming. Does remind me of my departed kids. I too, miss them everyday.

6. Janine
    August 26, 2020 at 6:43 am (3 months ago)

I always loved the conversations between Ruby and Allegra. This was a good one. I enjoyed watching Ruby playing with the fish. I wish I could say the empty feeling (after losing a cat) gets easier over time. But it doesn’t, it t just feels less difficult. Watching old videos always makes me smile.

7. Courtney
    August 26, 2020 at 2:24 am (3 months ago)

My little girl Misty crossed over the rainbow bridge on June 6, 2018 and I miss her terribly every day. However In the time that has passed I have come to realize that while mourning Misty I was neglecting our cat Gizmo who I also love dearly. I have also realized since her passing that while she is gone she also wants me to love on our new fur baby just as much. We adopted Gizmo on June 18, 2018. I sleep with the blanket that Misty passed away in every night and I treat that blanket as if she is still with us. I will say goodnight to her blanket every night and give it a kiss as I would if she were still wrapped up in her blanket. That has really helped me get through grieving the loss of her. I know that the grieving process is different for everyone so don’t let anyone rush you through it. My prayers are with you during this difficult time. Lots of love and hugs.

8. Eleanor Skibo
    August 26, 2020 at 1:13 am (3 months ago)

I don’t remember when those two rascals went fishing? Did they catch anything, or did they just get into trouble, all kidding aside, that tent is very cute. Will Allegra get in it; she probably smells Ruby. Happy fishing, Allegra, I hope you catch a really big fish. Love ya!

• Mary Lou Diorio
      August 26, 2020 at 4:10 am (3 months ago)

I’m still unable to read stories like this, wonderful as they may be.
      My boy was almost 21 when he left me in 2015. I STILL call his name by mistake when calling my other two.
      I also have seen and heard him here especially the last two years. I have his and his girlfriend Sofia’s (“Sofú”) ashes.
      He was the most puppy-like dark brown tabby, with some wild markings, a long thin body and rather heavy tail, and so bonded to me from the moment I adopted him when he was 7 weeks old. The most unique cat I’ve ever known.
      Marcellino, Pane e Vino, Mozzarella face. His true, FULL NAME.