This post contains affiliate links*
A couple of weeks ago, we reviewed the Okaysou AirMax8L air purifier, which we love. We were delighted that the folks at Okaysou sent us their smaller model, the AirMic4S, as well. The AirMax8L is designed to work in areas as large as 800 square feet, whereas the smaller model is ideal for bedrooms and other areas of up to 300 square feet.
This air purifier doesn’t just eliminate household odors as small as 0.25 microns, it also captures 99.97% of air pollutants like pet hair and dander, dust, pollen, and smoke. It also safely breaks down various harmful gases, such as formaldehyde, ammonia, benzene and VOC’s (volatile organic compounds.)
Okaysou AirMic4S Features
- Medical grade filtration system captures and reduces up to 99.97% of airborne particles as small as .3 microns, including dust, pollen, pet dander, pet hair, smoke, household odors, harmful gases like formaldehyde, ammonia, VOCs.
- Four filter options to address your particular needs: Pet Filter, Germ Defense Filter, Toxin Absorber Filter, Odor Remover Filter.
- 2-stage H13 Duo-Filter acts as an air cleaner and odor eliminator.
- Washable prefilter
- SilenceBoost Technology allows AirMic4S to purify your room air in sleep mode with only 24 decibels (30 decibels is the sound of a whisper.)
- Filters the air 3 times per hour in a room up to 300 sq. ft and cleans up to 300 sq. ft. in 20 minutes
- USA and Canada registered 5-year Warranty
- CARB certified- Compliance with California’s strictest safety standards, CE, RoHS certified, and ETL Listed
- 100% ozone free
Putting the Okaysou AirMic4S to the test
Like the larger model, this air purifier is ready to go almost straight out of the box. All you have to do is to take out the filter and remove the plastic wrap, put the filter back inside, plug it in and start using it.
The AirMic4S has three speed modes. It’s barely audible at the lowest mode, and only slightly louder at the second and third level. Overall, it’s even quieter than the larger model.
Since we don’t have much of an issue with litter box odors, the real test for me was once again going to be cooking odors. I really dislike having my house smell like the dinner I enjoyed for hours after I finish my meal. This smaller model did a fantastic job! It took care of the odor of sauteed onions that usually hangs around for much longer than I like after cooking within just a few minutes.
The smaller size makes it easy to move from room to room. I’ll be using it in my bedroom and in the kitchen.
After reviewing both models, I’m in love with Okaysou. I love everything about these purifiers. They’re safe, they’re effective, and I like the simple, unobtrusive design.
*The Conscious Cat is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. The Conscious Cat is an affiliate partner of Okaysou. This means that if you decide to purchase through any of our links, we get a small commission. We only spread the word about products and services we’ve either used or would use ourselves. We received this product from Okaysu at no charge for the purpose of this review. We also received a fee to feature this product. Neither the affiliate commission nor the fee influenced our review. All reviews on The Conscious Cat always reflect my own opinion.