Mews and Nips: World’s Oldest Cat Dies Aged 31

worlds-oldest-cat-rubble

No matter how much time we get with our cats, it’s never long enough. 31-year-old Rubbles was with her human Michelle Heritage for more than half of Michelle’s life. Heritage credits Rubble’s long life with the fact that she never had children and treated him like he was her son. For more about Rubble, visit The Daily Mail.

If you missed any of the stories featured on the Conscious Cat this week, here’s a recap: on Sunday, we talked about the importance of play to help us manage stress, and we also told you about a recall of one formula of Natural Balanced canned cat food, on Monday, Dr. Lynn Bahr answered reader questions, on Tuesday, we featured practical and adorable cat wire baskets, on Wednesday, Allegra talked about how she copes with thunderstorms, on Thursday, we reviewed Silvervine sticks, and on Friday, we told you about a super cute downloadable coloring book, Cats Practicing  Yoga.

Today’s video puts a wonderful new spin on weekend chores: how can you not smile at this kitty riding around on a Roomba with his teddy bear!

Have a great weekend!

Photo Wikimedia Commons

contribute banner ad

8 Comments on Mews and Nips: World’s Oldest Cat Dies Aged 31

1. Sparky
    July 12, 2020 at 6:39 pm (4 months ago)

I worried about my 13 yr. old girl while we drove the US for 6 weeks.
    Tweetums lived to be 21!

2. Eleanor Skibo
    July 11, 2020 at 10:27 pm (5 months ago)

Rubbles must have had excellent genes. I wish my cats would’ve been around that long, especially
    after you invest in their health, food, toys, bedding, etc. I know parrots live long especially CAGPs and their appearances never change. I wonder if Rubbles used up all of her nine lives? Rubbles is probably taking a very very long rest where ever she’s at.

3. Silvia shanahan
    July 11, 2020 at 7:45 pm (5 months ago)

I guess if it was my cat I would have gone to see if I could find him, since he always went to the same place.
    Just having closure is comforting. It’s the not knowing.

4. Silvia shanahan
    July 11, 2020 at 4:17 pm (5 months ago)

In The Daily link, read the one about Creme Puff who was 38.
    So much for dietary rules for cats!! He got dry food, broccoli, turkey, bacon, coffee, and every 2 days he got an eye dropper full of red wine.
    One of my cats lick up the coffee grounds when I am making coffee.

July 12, 2020 at 5:16 am (4 months ago)

Kind of like the human who eats junk food and lives to be 90! Or maybe it was the red wine… 🙂

5. CarolMcK
    July 11, 2020 at 9:07 am (5 months ago)

Didyou read the story? The cat had stopped eating … and they just let it go. One day he crosses the road and never comes back. They essentially let him starve to death … where’s the love in that?

July 11, 2020 at 12:26 pm (5 months ago)

I’m not sure how you got “they let him starve to death” from that story, Carol. I, too, was a taken aback by the “he just went across the road and never came back” part, but I believe that to some extent, that’s due to cultural differences. In the UK, most cats are indoor/outdoor. As for the rest of the story, it seems to me that this cat was deeply loved for 31 years.

6. Janine
    July 11, 2020 at 7:05 am (5 months ago)

Wow, 31. That is amazing. That cat had a good long life.