Allegra and the Laundry Basket Game

laundry-basket-cat-game

This post contains affiliate links*

Hi everyone, it’s Allegra! I want to tell you about a new game Mom has been playing with me! She plays it with me on laundry days, but I hope that she’ll see that since I have so much fun with it, we can play it on other days, too.

I love laundry days! On those days, Mom brings a big basket full of clothes and sheets and towels and stuff upstairs and dumps all of it on the bed. I’m always ready to be super helpful, and make sure that I sit right on top of that nice, warm pile. I’m not sure why Mom thinks that’s not particularly helpful. She keeps pulling stuff out from under me!

I also like to jump into the empty basket and peek out through the holes. The other day, Mom did something super cool. She put something in the basket, and that thing started to hum and move around! Whoa! What was happening?

As you can see, I had a lot of fun playing this new game.

Mom said to tell you that the thing she put inside the basket is called a Hexbug, and you can buy it from Amazon.

hexbug-cat-toy

Of course, it will work with any laundry basket your human already has, but if you want the exact same one we have, you can also buy that from Amazon.

buy-from-amazon-blue

*The Conscious Cat is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. This means that if you decide to purchase through any of our links, we get a small commission. We only spread the word about products and services we’ve either used or would use ourselves.

12 Comments on Allegra and the Laundry Basket Game

1. Eleanor Skibo
    June 29, 2020 at 11:31 pm (7 days ago)

Allegra, I always assumed you were a helpful cat, but this is two-fold for you, since you get to cozy up to soft sheets, etc. and play peek-a-boo. I really envy you, Allegra, you’ve a life of luxury, we’ll good for you. Then you now have a new friend the ‘Hexbug’ what a way to go. You continue to help mom because her and I have been walking around in circles lately.

June 25, 2020 at 2:00 pm (2 weeks ago)

My kitties always loved a laundry basket when I had one. Love the photos of her.

3. Allison
    June 24, 2020 at 2:17 pm (2 weeks ago)

My cats have a hexbug that they ignore. I’ll try putting it in a laundry basket to see if that catches their interest.

4. Nancy West
    June 24, 2020 at 1:29 pm (2 weeks ago)

Brilliant idea!

5. Nancy West
    June 24, 2020 at 12:39 pm (2 weeks ago)

Brilliant! I have the butterfly toy but it always goes under furniture where kitties can’t get to it. This laundry basket is the purrfect solution!
    Thanks, Ingrid!

6. Silvia
    June 24, 2020 at 9:30 am (2 weeks ago)

• Silvia
      June 24, 2020 at 9:34 am (2 weeks ago)

I am envious how responsi ve your cats are to the various things you introduce them too. Can’t get mine to engage, but perhaps it could be that they are outdoor cats. I will try the Hexbug though

7. Ann T Seeber
    June 24, 2020 at 8:26 am (2 weeks ago)

OK, you got me. I bought one for my fur-kids from Amazon. Gonna try the laundry basket trick, too. Hopefully it will keep the Hexbug from disappearing under the couch!

8. Janine
    June 24, 2020 at 7:55 am (2 weeks ago)

That looks like a fun toy, Miss Allegra. I am going to ask my mommy to buy me one too. I love toys. ……….Lulu

9. Dorothy Abernathy
    June 24, 2020 at 6:19 am (2 weeks ago)

We love the Hexbug! HuMom is headed to dump the laundry basket now!

10. Summer
    June 24, 2020 at 3:20 am (2 weeks ago)

Wow! I’d love to play that game, but there are always stupid clothes in my human’s laundry basket!

11. Lyn Eggleston
    June 24, 2020 at 2:24 am (2 weeks ago)

Hello Allegra-would you believe it, we also have a very similar laundry basket.

You are looking very adorable, and is lovely to see you enjoying your game and purring!