Mews and Nips: Working From Home, With Cats

cats-desk-computer

Did you ever think about the fact that the word “distraction” contains the three letters c-a-t? Maybe that’s not an accident? As many of us are working from home, we’re leaning how to manage our feline coworkers – or not. Cuteness.com features 17 adorable cats who are determined to not let their humans get any work done.

If you missed any of the stories featured on the Conscious Cat this week, here’s a recap: on Sunday, we celebrated Easter, on Monday, we told you how the Assisi Loop helped a formerly feral cat with a mysterious leg injury, on Tuesday, we introduced you to three adventure cats, on Wednesday, Allegra shared the origin of her name, and on Friday, we celebrated the first annual Tortoiseshell Cat Appreciation Day. And don’t forget to enter our giveaway to win $50 worth of food, treats and supplements from Raw Paws Pet Food for your cats, and $50 for your favorite rescue or shelter.

Today’s video of two cats hugging is sure to warm your heart – enjoy!

Have a great weekend!

contribute banner ad

7 Comments on Mews and Nips: Working From Home, With Cats

1. GGof9
    April 19, 2020 at 11:02 pm (1 month ago)

I’ve heard and read soooo many funny cat stories from people working from home during COVID-19. It’s both fun and challenging to have our pets nearby…my cat especially likes walking across my keyboard when I’m trying to type. Hopefully, he hasn’t sent any offensive chat message to anyone 🙂

2. Timmy Tomcat
    April 18, 2020 at 1:41 pm (1 month ago)

When Dad was still working he had many ways to distract Buddy Budd who would spend the day with him but especially the rest of the family. We would all start visiting when it got close to dinner time (Dad got off at 5 and dinner was at 530.) Some days he would say “Everyone OUT” and close the office door but mostly would keep us distracted with one treat (spoil dinner?) and toys that were in a big basket. Yep it was work but he said we were worth it and after a long day it was nice to be wanted. Until dinner anyhow MOL

3. Janine
    April 18, 2020 at 7:06 am (1 month ago)

I’m used to the mischief my cats get into since I am a housewife. But I sure can’t get used to my husband being home more since his hours got cut at his job.

April 19, 2020 at 4:57 am (1 month ago)

I often wonder about what this must be like for married couples who are not used to this much “together time,” Janine.

• Janine
        April 19, 2020 at 7:21 am (1 month ago)

It’s definitely tough. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy spending time with him, but usually when he was home before we would get out and do things. Stuck in the house together and not being able to go out is tough. At least he is still working 4 days a week even if they are less hours each day. I do get a little bit of quiet time that I love. When he’s home the tv is on all the time and it’s been an adjustment for me. The cats even seem to be a bit put off as he likes to lay on the couch where Lulu and Kiki like to sleep during the day. The one who is loving it is Pele becuase she likes to sit with him.

4. NB
    April 18, 2020 at 5:35 am (1 month ago)

My cats like to walk across my keyboard and then crawl in my lap. I have to push the keyboard up in the keyboard drawer so they have space to walk on it instead. And of course, they love to sit on my papers. When I had the old style monitor, they used to take turns draped on top of it.

April 19, 2020 at 4:58 am (1 month ago)

I think cats are probably still mourning the demise of the large, bulky monitors. Talk about a purrfect spot to supervise the human!