Mews and Nips: A Street Cat Named Bob Sequel to Start Filming Later This Year

james-bowen-street-cat-bob

If you’re like me and can’t get enough of James Bowen and his street cat named Bob, I have some exciting news for you: A Gift From Bob, the sequel to the 2016 movie A Street Cat Named Bob, will start filming later this year. Directed by Charles Martin Smith, the film will likely be released toward the end of 2020. I has not been announced whether Luke Treadaway (shown in the background of the above photo) will resume the role of James Bowen. For more about the sequel, visit Film Stories.

If you missed any of the stories featured on the Conscious Cat this week, here’s a recap:on Monday, Dr. Lynn Bahr answered reader questions, on Tuesday, we featured an adorable haunted house scratcher, on Wednesday, we told you about a new study that confirmed that cats bond with humans just as much as infants, and on Friday, we reviewed Texts from Mittens: The Friends and Family Edition. And don’t forget to enter our giveaway to win a “Motivated by Cats and Caffeine” sweatshirt!

Today’s video adds a little sweetness to your Saturday – enjoy!

Have a great weekend!

Photo via A Street Cat Named Bob Facebook page

11 Comments on Mews and Nips: A Street Cat Named Bob Sequel to Start Filming Later This Year

1. Alice Kemp
    October 21, 2019 at 7:00 pm (4 weeks ago)

Talk about a true “rags-to-riches” story, James Bowen has it!!! I read the book and then saw the movie. I just hope success doesn’t go to his head and ruin things for him as it has for so many others. Way to go, James – and, of course, Bob who has inspired and awed so many people.

October 20, 2019 at 11:38 am (1 month ago)

I haven’t seen the first one. I want to see both.

3. Lucy
    October 20, 2019 at 11:05 am (1 month ago)

Ingrid, I thank you for introducing us to the Street Cat Name Bob. I ‘m in Love with Bob. I love James as well. i can’t get enough of the two. I can’t wait for the movie in November. bob is a real Ham. just adorable, as popular. I love you to, for the awesome Conscious Cat. It always make’s my day when i read about Cats. and this is it: I love you too!

4. Eleanor Skibo
    October 19, 2019 at 8:22 pm (1 month ago)

Bob, the ‘Street Cat’ is back and that’s very exciting! I can’t wait to see more of the upcoming star, Bob. Good Luck, to you Bob and James and everyone involved.

5. Marcelle
    October 19, 2019 at 3:31 pm (1 month ago)

Luke Treadaway has agreed to be in the movie. James announced it on FB live yesterday .

October 20, 2019 at 5:04 am (1 month ago)

I was hoping he would!

6. Michelle
    October 19, 2019 at 8:49 am (1 month ago)

Can’t wait! I am going to London next week to have dinner at the House of Lords with Street cat Bob & James! They are having a fundraiser for homeless & animal charities!

• Alice Kemp
      October 21, 2019 at 6:56 pm (4 weeks ago)

Michelle, I truly envy you! Tell them Hi for me, and that they have a boatload of fans across the pond.

7. Janine
    October 19, 2019 at 7:32 am (1 month ago)

I love Bob and James and can’t wait to see their new movie.

• Gail
      October 19, 2019 at 9:38 am (1 month ago)

I can’t wait for this new movie, either!!!! I love Bob so much. I love James, too!

8. Patricia
    October 19, 2019 at 4:16 am (1 month ago)

I always enjoy more about that Street Cat Named Bob.