Tortoiseshell Whisker Jewelry from Volana Kote

tortoiseshell-whisker-jewelry

Volana Kote (aka Jen Glick) is a Delaware based jewelry designer who creates gorgeous pieces incorporating naturally fallen cat whiskers. Jen has always saved her cats’ whiskers. “They bring good luck,” she says. She has also designed jewelry as long as she can remember, and one day, she started incorporating whiskers into her designs. Her gorgeous pieces range from necklaces to earrings to bracelets. She also offers keychains, cuff links and tie clips. Most pieces are available with a choice of different metals.

One of Jen’s newest designs is this gorgeous tortoiseshell collection.

rtoiseshell-whisker-pendant

She offers the design in a rectangle pendant measuring 10×50 mm

tortoiseshell-whisker-necklace close up

and a round pendant with a 16mm diameter.

Both pieces come with an 18 inch chain, your choice of design.

Jen can make custom pieces with your cat’s whiskers. Isn’t that a wonderful way to always carry a piece of your cat with you?

You can find all of Volana’s creations in her Etsy shop. You can also find Volana on Facebook and Instagram.

*FTC Disclosure: The Conscious Cat is a participant in Etsy’s affiliate program. This means that if you decide to purchase through any of our links, we get a small commission. We only spread the word about products and services we’ve either used or would use ourselves.

10 Comments on Tortoiseshell Whisker Jewelry from Volana Kote

1. World Of Animals, Inc.
    August 6, 2019 at 7:43 pm (1 month ago)

Thanks for sharing. These are just so beautiful. My friend just adopted a tortoiseshell cat and this would be so nice to get her. Have a wonderful rest of your day.

2. Eastside Cats
    August 6, 2019 at 4:49 pm (1 month ago)

Really enjoyed her jewelry at Meow Meet Up Chicago!

3. Random Felines
    August 6, 2019 at 3:00 pm (1 month ago)

she didn’t have that version in Chicago – it is beautiful

4. Crystal
    August 6, 2019 at 2:17 pm (1 month ago)

I love most jewelry anyway but this Tortoise shell jewelry is beautiful.

5. Crystal
    August 6, 2019 at 2:16 pm (1 month ago)

I love most jewelry anyways but this Tortoise stone jewelry is absolutely beautiful.

6. Eleanor Skibo
    August 6, 2019 at 1:27 pm (1 month ago)

These Tortoiseshell pendants are unique and very interesting. I think that both Allegra and Ruby should have one on their collar, on a short chain or as an added addition to their corsages or bow ties. There you go Ingrid, I’m adding another expense to your budget. Don’t blame me, the girls put a bug in my ear, ha, ha. All you cat lovers out that enjoy the sun puddles, today!

August 7, 2019 at 5:21 am (1 month ago)

Now why didn’t I think of that, Eleanor! 🙂

7. Sandra
    August 6, 2019 at 10:06 am (1 month ago)

I’ve followed her on Instagram for almost a year because her jewelry is so unique. I was excited that she would be at CatCon2019 so I could see her pieces in person. I bought a ring and a pair of earrings and LOVE them. She’s a lovely person to boot. I highly recommend purchasing a piece of her beautiful jewelry.

August 7, 2019 at 5:21 am (1 month ago)

I agree, Jen is a wonderful person – her energy is just lovely!

8. Janine
    August 6, 2019 at 7:29 am (1 month ago)

This is a a cool idea.