This post contains affiliate links*
I consider probiotics one of the most important supplements for all cats. There has been a fair amount of research on the human side on how critical a healthy gut is for a strong immune system, healthy body weight and composition, and even mental health. A healthy gut also minimizes the risk for numerous diseases, including diabetes and cancer.
Probiotics are crucial to promoting good intestinal health. While there are far fewer studies about the benefits of probiotics for animals, the studies that do exist have found that probiotics have the same positive effect on animals as they do on humans.
There are few probiotics specifically formulated for cats, so I was delighted to see that Jackson Galaxy just launched his own cat probiotic, and even more delighted that it also contains digestive enzymes.
Jackson Galaxy Cat Probiotics Features
- Contains no grains, corn or dyes.
- No Heat No Cook process ensures your cat gets 100% potency of the probiotics in the product. Proper processing is important to maintain the potency of the product – some brands loose over 50% of their potency during production.
- Delicious taste cats will love, flavored with real chicken liver.
- Contains pumpkin to aid digestion.
- Made in the USA at an FDA registered factory, which is annually inspected by APHIS (the USDA’s Animal Health and Plant Inspection Service.)
- If your cat does not love this product, they offer a no questions asked, 30-Day, 100% Money Back Guarantee.
Putting Jackson Galaxy Cat Probiotics to the test
The first thing I love about the product is that it comes with a little scoop right inside the container, which makes it simple to portion out. One scoop equals one serving.
I first tried the probiotics “straight up.” Ruby loved it and licked it straight off the little dish I put it on. Allegra wasn’t crazy about it straight up, but had no problem eating her meal when I mixed it in with her food.
For cats who love the chicken liver flavor, this can also be used as a food topper to entice finicky cats to eat.
A quality probiotic, made in the US, and recommended by Jackson Galaxy: a product doesn’t get much better than this. In fact, I like it so much that I’m giving it our coveted Seal of Approval.
Jackson Galaxy Cat Probiotics is available from Amazon.
*The Conscious Cat is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. This means that if you decide to purchase through any of our links, we get a small commission. We only spread the word about products and services we’ve either used or would use ourselves. I received this product from Jackson Galaxy. Receiving the free product did not influence my review. All reviews on The Conscious Cat will always reflect my honest opinion, or, as the case may be, Allegra and Ruby’s honest opinion.