Cat Camp NYC 2019: A Celebration of Cats and the People Who Love Them

cat-camp-nyc

The third annual Cat Camp NYC took place at the Metropolitan Pavillion in New York City this past weekend. The event brought together cat lovers from all over the world for a weekend of fun, learning, and inspiration. The focus of Cat Camp is, and always has been, on empowering attendees to  realize how powerful each individual is when it comes to improving cats’ lives – whether it’s their own cats, cats in their community, and cats in general. And it’s so much fun!

Presentation topics ranged from TNR and rescue to cat photography to how to communicate with your veterinarian. Breakout sessions included presentations on how to reduce stress for shelter cats, fostering cats, dealing with petting aggression, and much, much more. The event also featured mini camp sessions ranging from cat bingo to making kitten condos and more.

Jackson Galaxy, Beth Adelman, Dr. Mikel Delgado, and yours truly

I hosted a Q&A session on Saturday morning, and I was on two behavior panels with Jackson Galaxy, Mikel Delgado and Beth Adelman. One of the attendees posted the tweet below after attending one our our sessions, which cracked me up:

cat-camp-nyc

And of course, there were plenty of vendors featuring a wonderful mix of products for cats and their humans.

cat-camp-nyc

You can see some of my favorite products above and below. Look for more information on many of them here on The Conscious Cat in the coming weeks.

cat-camp-nyc

There were adoptable cats from several New York area rescue groups, including this gorgeous tortie girl in the top left corner. I happened to meet her adopter, and I’m hoping that I’ll be able to share an update on how Rowena settled into her new home.

cat-adoption

The event ended with an inspirational keynote by host Jackson Galaxy, reminding attendees  just how much cats enrich our lives in so many different ways, and encouraging everyone to find ways to make a difference for cats in their communities and beyond.

Jackson-Galaxy-Cat-Camp

I can’t wait until next year!

11 Comments on Cat Camp NYC 2019: A Celebration of Cats and the People Who Love Them

1. Eleanor Skibo
    June 7, 2019 at 1:41 pm (2 weeks ago)

Ingrid, you look so beautiful, but I bet you’re exhausted. I wish that I could’ve joined all of you; so much good meow stuff to look at and all the people and of course all the fun. Enjoy and get some R&R, before going home to your beautiful girls.

June 7, 2019 at 2:32 pm (2 weeks ago)

Thanks, Eleanor! As an introvert, I’m usually pretty exhausted after these types of events. This one was different. I felt energized and inspired. But Allegra and Ruby sure were happy to have me home. 🙂

2. Lisa Finkel
    June 7, 2019 at 11:41 am (2 weeks ago)

I love that you quoted my tweet! I meant every word of it!

June 7, 2019 at 2:29 pm (2 weeks ago)

Lisa, that tweet made our day!

3. Emily Raymer
    June 7, 2019 at 11:20 am (2 weeks ago)

Love that tweet about Cat Camp being the “Mount Rushmore” of feline behaviorists.” I am honored to volunteer the same shift as its author at the Massachusetts Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (MSPCA) in Boston. She is also one of the AMAZING group, the Catvocates, who raised over $800,000 for the shelter last year and who help especially with senior kitty adoptions by allowing a good part of their fee to be waived. Can’t wait to hear today about her adventures at Cat Camp!

(Love Conscious Cat, by the way!!)

June 7, 2019 at 2:30 pm (2 weeks ago)

Thanks for all you and Lisa do for cats, Emily!

June 7, 2019 at 10:47 am (2 weeks ago)

That looks like so much fun.

5. caren gittleman
    June 7, 2019 at 8:47 am (2 weeks ago)

I have yet to be to Cat Camp and I sooo wish I could go one of these days! Looks like it was amazing!

6. Janine
    June 7, 2019 at 7:27 am (2 weeks ago)

That looks like such a great event. I wish we had something like this here in Dallas. I can’t afford to travel anywhere else.

7. Di
    June 7, 2019 at 2:06 am (2 weeks ago)

Hi Ingrid:)
    I’ve been hoping all week, that you might post something about Cat Camp! I was planning to attend, and have never been. We went to the UK, so I couldn’t do both. Saw and petted kitties there, so that made me feel good. I’m hoping to go to Cat Camp in 2020 though .
    Di – Bracebridge Ontario Canada

June 7, 2019 at 5:01 am (2 weeks ago)

Hope to see you next year, Di!