Mews and Nips: A Follow Up on Accidental Cat Dad

paris-zarcilla-cat-kittens

Last month, we told you about Paris Zarcilla, a film maker based in London, who went upstairs to get a sweater out from under his bed. He found a tuxedo cat and her four kittens where the sweater should have been. And she wasn’t his cat. Zarcilla is documenting his find, and subsequent experience of falling in love with the little family, on Twitter in a series of adorable and funny tweets accompanied by precious photos and videos.On his GoFundMe page, he writes “Their purity, their majesty. It’s magic. Frankly, they’ve pulled me from a dark place and into their light. The daily lessons I learn from them are illuminating, infinite and far reaching. And these lessons are not just about cat fatherhood but also aspects about myself. I’m going to love and protect them until they need me no more and that’s the least I can give them.” I find myself visiting Zarcilla’s Twitter feed whenever I feel I need a little lift in my day.

If you missed any of the stories featured on the Conscious Cat this week, here’s a recap: on Monday, we explored how pheromone products can help with aggression in multicat households, on Tuesday, we shared the story of a stray tortie rescuing an elderly woman, and we also told you about a Rad Cat raw cat food recall, on Wednesday, Allegra talked about the importance of grooming, on Thursday, we introduced you to two adorable cat basket beds, and on Friday, we offered some summer reading suggestions.

The kitty in today’s video shows us that to a cat, everything can be a source of amusement. Enjoy!

Have a great weekend!

Photo via Paris Zarcilla’s Twitter feed

9 Comments on Mews and Nips: A Follow Up on Accidental Cat Dad

1. Nancy West
    July 15, 2018 at 10:38 am (2 months ago)

Oh, I love this! Thanks for posting, Ingrid!

2. Raine
    July 14, 2018 at 8:03 pm (2 months ago)

What a week! Thank you for getting the recall information right out,, the baskets looked so cozy I wanted to crawl into one. Plus two beautiful tales of the magic of cats. The tortie and of course cat dad. His commentary is hilarious and his real talk about how they’ve changed him already is right from the heart. Like so many I love checking in daily. Have a beautiful rest of the weekend.

July 15, 2018 at 5:46 am (2 months ago)

I’m so glad you enjoy our site, Raine. You have a wonderful rest of the weekend, too!

3. silvia shanahan
    July 14, 2018 at 3:29 pm (2 months ago)

This reminds me of a wonderful book I just read with the appropriate title
    “Somewhere a cat is waiting”
    (You never know when a cat might be ready to change your life)

by Derek Tangye

4. Sean
    July 14, 2018 at 1:27 pm (2 months ago)

Great story about the tuxedo cat and her kittens! All the best for theirs and Paris’ future!

5. World Of Animals, Inc.
    July 14, 2018 at 12:59 pm (2 months ago)

This is such a beautiful story. They all look so cute in the photo with mom. We will have to follow the feed to get updates on what is going on every day. Thanks for the share. Have a wonderful weekend and hope everything works out well.

6. Tracy
    July 14, 2018 at 10:38 am (2 months ago)

I loved this, it’s awesome how excited he is about becoming a new cat dad! What a great guy he is to keep them all and to take such good care of them. Truly heartwarming story.

7. Patricia
    July 14, 2018 at 4:21 am (2 months ago)

Paris Zaraila is an attractive cat father and mother cats and kittens are way too cute. I wish I could meet all of them.

July 14, 2018 at 5:47 am (2 months ago)

Me, too, Patricia!