Mews and Nips: These Cat Shaped Desserts Are Too Cute To Eat

cat-shaped-desserts

The adorable desserts in the photo above are éclairs, created by a web designer named Laura, who publishes the blog Caroline & Laura’s Tea Break. To make these sweet little dessert kitties, Laura combines gyūhi (a softer version of mochi rice cake) with sweetened white bean paste to create a variety of wagashi (a type of Japanese confection.) After tinting the resulting dough, she sculpts and shapes them into charming cat shapes. For more photos of Laura’s amazing creations, visit Mother Nature Network.

If you missed any of the stories featured on the Conscious Cat this week, here’s a recap: on Sunday, we offered tips on how to change up your daily routine, on Monday, we told you which table scraps are okay to feed to cats and which are not, on Tuesday, we introduced you to beautiful Willow Tree cat figurines, on Wednesday, cat behaviorist Mikel Delgado answered your questions from last month, on Thursday, we ran the second article in our series on raw feeding sponsored by Balanced Blends, and on Friday, we introduced you to A Million Christmas Cats: A Festive Coloring Book.

Today’s video shows Ruby being utterly fascinated with the leaves blowing by on our deck – enjoy!

Have a great weekend!

Photo via Mother Nature Network

7 Comments on Mews and Nips: These Cat Shaped Desserts Are Too Cute To Eat

1. caren gittleman
    November 18, 2017 at 6:01 pm (3 years ago)

First, Ruby is too precious!! She was so engrossed! And…OMG I couldn’t eat those desserts either! They are too cute to eat!

2. Debi
    November 18, 2017 at 3:45 pm (3 years ago)

Wow, very creative, but I could never eat them either…lol! Too adorable!

3. patty
    November 18, 2017 at 11:49 am (3 years ago)

I notice that Ruby has a little kink in her tail. Cricket has that too. I always thought that her tail was broken before I got her. What do you think Ingrid? Did Ruby get a broken tail or do some torties just have kinks?
    ps. I’m a little in love with Ruby. If you ever decide to kick her out of the house, please give her my address.

November 18, 2017 at 5:28 pm (3 years ago)

She actually doesn’t have a kink in her tail, Patty. I think it’s just the way she holds it in this video. And she says she’s flattered 🙂

4. Deb
    November 18, 2017 at 9:40 am (3 years ago)

Whereas, I like ‘ eclairs ‘ as well as the next man (Napoleons are better)- I’d rather make them out of clay, use them on the Christmas tree, e.g.
    Could you really eat them, even if they’re supposed to be?
    Adorable!

November 18, 2017 at 11:23 am (3 years ago)

There’s no way I could eat any of these desserts, Deb!

5. Janine
    November 18, 2017 at 8:47 am (3 years ago)

I couldn’t eat those cut kitties. I have enough trouble eating a chocolate bunny at Easter.