Mews and Nips: Cats the Musical is Back on Broadway

cats-the-musical

One of the most beloved and most satirized musicals of the 1980’s is back on Broadway: Cats, which is currently in previews, will open at the Neil Simon Theater on July 31. I never saw Cats on Broadway, but saw the touring company in Washington DC, and I was charmed and mesmerized by the performance. The soundtrack is still a favorite, even after all these years, and “Memory” can still bring a tear to my eyes, no matter how over the top it may be. For more about the revival, visit catsthemusical.com. What about you? Were you a fan? Will you go see it again?

If you missed any of the stories featured on the Conscious Cat this week, here’s a recap: on Sunday, I shared a few favorite books for your summer reading list, on Monday, we told you about the dangers of e-cigarettes for cats, on Tuesday, we introduced you to cat artist Adriana Gasperi, on Wednesday, Allegra and Ruby shared their morning routine, on Thursday, we featured a beautiful new scratcher from Feline Innovations, and on Friday, I announced that I’ll be participating in a free teleseminar titled “Why Won’t My Cat Use the Litter Box?”.

Today’s video shows Boomer, the little “brother” of Didga, the famous skateboarding cat. Looks to me like Boomer is a fast learner. I love how he’s pushing off with his leg!

Have a great weekend!

Embrace banner with seal

9 Comments on Mews and Nips: Cats the Musical is Back on Broadway

1. Charlotte
    July 26, 2016 at 1:01 pm (3 years ago)

I saw Cats twice – St Louis and Columbia, MO. Have the DVD and CD. I also named my male cat Rum Tum Tugger. I have 4 cats and he is the only male. He is so handsome that I thought it was appropriate.

2. Melissa & Mudpie
    July 23, 2016 at 6:32 pm (3 years ago)

I saw Cats once in Montreal and once right her in my hometown…and I also have the DVD. Never tire of it, ever!

3. Caren Gittleman
    July 23, 2016 at 12:30 pm (3 years ago)

I have seen various productions of CATS so many times and never have I grown tired of ANY of them!

4. Alyce Schmid
    July 23, 2016 at 7:36 am (3 years ago)

I saw Cats years ago at the Lyric Theater in Baltimore. I was lucky enough to have an aisle seat and throughout the show you never knew when a “cat” would be patting on your arm as you were watching what was going on the stage. Loved it and there is something very special about sharing it live.

July 25, 2016 at 5:25 am (3 years ago)

I had an aisle seat one of the times I saw it, too, Alyce, and it was so cool!

5. Janine
    July 23, 2016 at 7:24 am (3 years ago)

I always thought Cats would be a fun musical to see

July 25, 2016 at 5:25 am (3 years ago)

I hope you’ll get a chance to see it, Janine.

6. Will Hodges
    July 23, 2016 at 2:08 am (3 years ago)

I also saw it in Washington D.C. many years ago. I hadn’t known much about the show before I saw it (and I regret to say that I had not yet become a lover and caretaker of cats at that time), but I was also very touched by “Memory.” PBS also did a wonderful video of the stage play a few years ago with some of the original cast. I would very much enjoy seeing it again, now that I am much more of a fanatic feline fan!

July 25, 2016 at 5:24 am (3 years ago)

I bet your perspective would be a little different now, Will! 🙂