Check Up At Home Wellness Test Helps Detect Problems Early

check-up-cat-test

This post is sponsored by Coastline Global

Cats are masters at hiding signs of illness. By the time a cat shows symptoms, a disease may already be at an advanced stage, making treatment more difficult and also more costly. This is one of the reasons why regular veterinary exams are so important. But wouldn’t it be nice if you had a way to detect health problems even before your cat is due for her annual or bi-annual check up?

Check Up is a quick, simple testing method that can give you an overall picture of your cat’s health by testing her urine. Check Up detects the following health conditions:

• high glucose levels (an indicator of diabetes)
  • urinary tract infections
  • blood in the urine
  • kidney issues

Using the Check Up Kit

check-up-home-test

Using the Check Up kit is easy – everything you need is provided with the kit. Simply fill your cat’s litter box with the hydroponic sand provided with the kit. The urine will not get absorbed by the sand. Collect the the urine with the sample pipette and deposit it in the collection vial. Dip the urine test strip in the sample and compare it with the results card.

If any of the values are outside of the normal range, contact your vet. The Check Up is not intended to replace regular veterinary visits – your cat still needs regular annual or bi-annual exams, even if the values are normal.

The kit is disposable and intended for one time use.

For more information about the Check Up kit, please visit CheckUpKit.com. You can also find Check Up on Facebook.

FTC Disclosure: This is a sponsored post, which means that I was compensated to feature this content. Regardless of payment received, you will only see products or services featured on this site that I believe are of interest to our readers.

10 Comments on Check Up At Home Wellness Test Helps Detect Problems Early

1. Margaret
    May 13, 2016 at 3:32 am (2 years ago)

What a very sensible thing this is…. certainly worth having in the Feline Store Cupboard. Sure we can “all” benefit from this. Thanks for bringing it to our attention. Presumably you have one (or two!) for your pair.?

2. Sweet Purrfections
    May 10, 2016 at 11:57 am (2 years ago)

This sounds like a great kit to have. I wonder if my girls will use that litter…

3. Rachel
    May 10, 2016 at 9:27 am (2 years ago)

Awesome! My kitty gets UTI’s and Struvite Crystals, and for the vet to do a urine test it costs over $40. I will use this to check my cats PH levels and make sure he is where he should be hopefully I can prevent problems before they start.

• debbie
      May 17, 2016 at 9:00 am (2 years ago)

Curious what u r feeding your kitty for mine will get the same thing. I notice in the Soulistic can catfood Turkey that the 1st ingredient, was Tuna broth. I thought tuna was bad n why is it the 1st ingred, when the front label states Turkey.

• Rachel
        May 17, 2016 at 9:08 am (2 years ago)

I feed him Hills Science CD wet and dry, I know it is not the best for ingredients out there, but it is formulated to keep the struvite from forming, and I have read too many scary stories where people switched and their cats blocked. I have heard fish is bad for struvite which is odd, because Hills has a fish CD food. I give Tucker the chicken one. I also have him on NVH Tripsy and Solid Gold Berry Balance which both have very positive reviews for keeping UTI’s and crystals away. Both of the products might seem expensive for some but they really last a long time, and it sure is less expensive than a trip to the emergency vet!

May 17, 2016 at 9:53 am (2 years ago)

I would encourage you to at least stop feeding the dry c/d formula, Rachel. Cats should never eat dry food. This is especially true for cats with urinary tract issues.

• Rachel
            May 17, 2016 at 9:59 am (2 years ago)

I hear you, I only sprinkle a small amount on top of the wet to get him to eat the wet. Sometimes when he eats the little bit of dry off the wet, he turns around and scratches at the ground like he is in the cat box covering it! Ugh! He always ends up eating the wet too though thank goodness. I will never feed a cat a dry diet again after all I have been through that is for sure!

May 17, 2016 at 9:53 am (2 years ago)

I do not recommend tuna except as an occasional treat. The only two Soulistic formulas that are fish-free are the Karma chicken and the chicken and pumpkin formulas. That’s why it’s so important to read labels – just because a label says it’s a turkey formula doesn’t mean there won’t be other proteins in the food.

• Rachel
          May 17, 2016 at 10:03 am (2 years ago)

I was giving Tucker his supplements with a tiny but of canned pumpkin for a short time and then found it was a very good source of magnesium. So no more pumpkin for me.

May 10, 2016 at 7:18 am (2 years ago)

Sounds like a good kit to have.