Your Cat Photos Needed for Purrs of Wisdom: Enlightenment, Feline Style

purrs-of-wisdom-photos

Yes, I need more of your cat photos! First of all, thank you to all of you who have submitted photos of your torties for Tortitude: The Little Book of Cats With a Big Attitude. I received close to a thousand photos, and I loved “meeting” all of your torties. It was really hard to reduce the number of photos to only about 75 – if I could, I would use all of them! My publisher will have final say as to which of the photos will be used in the book, which will publish in February of 2016.

Now it’s time for a second round of photo submissions!

I’ll need about 30 photos for Purrs of Wisdom: Enlightenment, Feline Style, which will publish in the spring of 2016. This sequel to Purrs of Wisdom: Conscious Living, Feline Style will offer encouragement and guidance for living a joyful, conscious life, all inspired by cats. And for this book, cats of all colors can apply!

• Photos need to be good quality and high resolution.
  • You must own the rights to the photo (ie., no photos you found on a Google search.)

How to submit your photos

Please submit your photos via email. Put “Purrs Book” in the subject, and include the following information with your submission:

• Your cat’s name
  • Your name, city and state (or country if outside the US)
  • A signed photo release, signed by you, or by the person who took the photo. Click here to download the Photo Release. An electronic signature (sign and scan or photograph the signed document) is sufficient.

I’m looking forward to getting your photos. I will be accepting photo submissions through July 5.

Conscious Cat Sunday will return in two weeks.

11 Comments on Your Cat Photos Needed for Purrs of Wisdom: Enlightenment, Feline Style

1. Jackie
    July 2, 2015 at 4:12 pm (4 years ago)

Hi! If our photo is used in any other publications, will the individual be given photo credit each time? Will we be notified? When you select the photos you will use for the book, when will we be notified if our photo was chosen? Thanks in advance!

July 2, 2015 at 4:26 pm (4 years ago)

I can only speak to what happens with the photos if they’re used in my upcoming books, Jackie. You will get photo credit in both books, and I will try my best to notify everyone whose photos make it into the books individually once I know for sure.

• Jackie
        July 5, 2015 at 5:15 am (4 years ago)

Thank you! 🙂

2. Connie
    June 28, 2015 at 8:27 pm (4 years ago)

will there be compensation for the use, or simply the exposure of having the photos in a book?

June 29, 2015 at 6:22 am (4 years ago)

Sorry, no compensation, Connie, just a photo credit.

3. Ronnie
    June 28, 2015 at 3:36 pm (4 years ago)

I can email my kitty photo, no problem.
    I can download the photo release but it will not let me sign. I don’t know how to do this & attach it to the email with the photo & get it to you.
    And I don’t know how to “scan.” Duh. 🙁

June 29, 2015 at 6:23 am (4 years ago)

You can print and sign the release and then take a picture of the signed release and email that, Ronnie. If that doesn’t work for you, send me an email.

4. Ellen Pilch
    June 28, 2015 at 9:56 am (4 years ago)

Pardon my stupidity, but what is high resolution photos? I never know what that means.

June 28, 2015 at 11:05 am (4 years ago)

Not a stupid question at all, Ellen! Resolution refers to the number of pixels in a photo. Think of it as image quality: the higher the resolution, the clearer the image.

5. Janine
    June 28, 2015 at 8:04 am (4 years ago)

Thanks! I hold this message and work on it later this afternoon. I know just the picture I want to submit.