This post is sponsored by Pictarine
I’m sure it comes as no surprise to anyone reading this blog that we love our pets. Just how much do we love them? Pictarine, a multi-platform app that allows you to order prints of your favorite photos from your phone and pick them up at your local Walgreens or Duane Reade store, recently announced the results of their survey around American consumers and pet photography.
“We’ve spent so much time over the last year on delivering a great, simple photo experience, and that means looking at a LOT of photos,” said Guillaume Martin, CEO of Pictarine. “We noticed that our customers, across all platforms, took more pictures of their children than anything else, but pets were a very close second.” This inspired the company to take a closer look at the connection between people and their pets.
The survey found that
- 72% of women consider their pet a member of the immediate family, vs. 59% of men
- 46% of respondents would most like to spend an afternoon with their spouse/partner. But pets (29%) still win out over parents (25%) and siblings (20%)
- 40% of respondents save photos of their pets on their phone, but only 6% keep a picture of their pet in their purse or wallet
- 32% have posted a photo of their pet on social media
- 45% talk to their pets as if they were a person
- 39% let them sleep in their beds
- 27% buy their pets presents, but fewer than that (17%) celebrate their birthdays
Some of these percentages are quite a bit lower than I would have expected them to be – maybe that’s because in my world, every cat is considered a family member?
What do you think? And how many of these apply to you?
For more information about Pictarine, please visit http://www.pictarine.com.
Special Discount for Conscious Cat Readers
Get 25% off any order
Use code MYCAT25 at checkout
FTC Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Pictarine, which means that I was compensated to feature this content. Regardless of payment received, you will never see products or services featured on this site that I don’t approve of.