Rachael Ray Nutrish Wet Cat Food Recall

Rachael-Ray-Nutrish-recall

Ainsworth Pet Nutrition of Meadville, PA is voluntarily recalling five varieties of Rachael Ray™ Nutrish® wet cat food, including Ocean Fish-a-licious, Lip Smackin’ Sardine & Mackerel, Ocean Fish & Chicken Catch-iatore, Tuna Purrfection, and certain lot codes of Paw Lickin’ Chicken & Liver due to potentially elevated levels of vitamin D.

Symptoms of excessive vitamin D consumption usually develop within 12-36 hours after ingestion and may include vomiting or diarrhea, increased thirst and urination, and muscle tremors or seizures. Any cat experiencing these symptoms should be taken to a veterinarian immediately.

Two variety packs that contain some of these recalled products (the Chicken Lovers Variety Pack, and the Ocean Lovers Variety Pack) will also be recalled. The recalled products are distributed nationwide. No other Rachael Ray™ Nutrish® products are affected by this recall.

Single PackUnit UPC CodeBest By Dates Thru
PAW LICKIN’ CHICKEN & LIVER (2.8 oz.)071190007032AUG 17 2015
OCEAN FISH & CHICKEN CATCH-IATORIE (2.8 oz.)071190007049DEC 1 2016
OCEAN FISH–A–LICIOUS (2.8 oz.)071190007056DEC 1 2016
TUNA PURRFECTION (2.8 oz.)071190007063DEC 1 2016
LIP SMACKIN’ SARDINE ‘N MACKEREL (2.8 oz.)071190007070DEC 1 2016
Multi Packs – 12 CountUnit UPC CodeBest By Dates Thru
CHICKEN LOVERS VARIETY PACK (12 count pack of 2.8 oz. cups)071190007773DEC 1 2016
OCEAN LOVERS VARIETY PACK (12 count pack of 2.8 oz. cups)071190007780DEC 1 2016

For more information about the recall, please visit RachaelRayNutrish.com.

14 Comments on Rachael Ray Nutrish Wet Cat Food Recall

1. Jamie Wheeler
    March 17, 2018 at 9:06 pm (1 year ago)

Confused! Is RR wet food made in This land or Pennsylvania? I know Ainsworth makes her dry food.

• Jamie Wheeler
      March 17, 2018 at 9:07 pm (1 year ago)

Thailand or Pennsylvania?

March 18, 2018 at 5:39 am (1 year ago)

The canned food is made in Thailand, the dry in the US (by Ainsworth.)

2. Glenn Miller
    February 13, 2016 at 11:26 pm (4 years ago)

Was going to purchase with coupons but not now. This probably the reason PetSmart does not carry it.

3. Brian F
    August 15, 2015 at 6:34 am (4 years ago)

Thanks for the info. The wet food was the only thing my cat would consistently eat…and then it suddenly disappeared. So the frustration was over when I finally came upon your explanation as to why!

4. Maureen
    June 8, 2015 at 7:32 pm (4 years ago)

I only feed my cats the Rachel Ray nutress Dry food. I no the recall was only on the wet food but i am affaid now of all of her foods. Are you absolutely sure that both dry foods are safe. I have the chicken & brown rice and the salmon and brown rice both dry food. Please let me know asap.

June 9, 2015 at 6:13 am (4 years ago)

I am not affiliated with Rachael Ray, and can’t comment on the safety of their dry food. The sad reality is that there is no way to be 100% sure about any food being completely safe, whether it’s for our pets or humans.

5. Carol Viola
    June 6, 2015 at 10:42 am (4 years ago)

I was very satisfied with the dry food I was feeding my cat. When I saw the wet food I was anxious to feed it to her and she loved it. Now it is not good for her I have all the ones mentioned. I can’t afford to throw money in the garbage. Can we get some kind of refund for our money. The wet food in my supermarket cost $1.00 each. And I am currently between jobs so every dollar is precious right now. Thank you for your help in this matter.

June 6, 2015 at 10:55 am (4 years ago)

Please contact Rachael Ray Nutrish through their website for information about refunds. I’m not affiliated with the company.

6. Katherine Kenney
    June 6, 2015 at 9:54 am (4 years ago)

Rachael Ray dog food and cat food is all I feed my animals… They have did really well … Please get this matter taken care of .. I love my animals very much… Thank you for your information… I passed it on

7. J. C. Cranford
    June 5, 2015 at 5:28 pm (4 years ago)

You can go to the US Food & Drug Administration and sign up for all types of recalls including pet food recalls. If you care about your animals, I would suggest you sign up. I received the email today notifying me of this recall. I thought we could trust U. S. pet food manufacturers – evidently not!

June 6, 2015 at 6:09 am (4 years ago)

I believe Rachael Ray’s diets are made in Thailand, but recalls, unfortunately, can happen and have happened even with foods made in the US (in fact, the majority of recent recalls have been for US made foods.) Sadly, there’s probably no way to guarantee that our food supply, or our pets’, is ever going to be completely safe unless we grow and make our own food.

8. Yvonne Brady
    June 5, 2015 at 12:14 pm (4 years ago)

Thanks

9. Steven Howard
    June 5, 2015 at 9:56 am (4 years ago)

Thanks for letting us know.