Cats Against Cancer: Precious Cat Litter Wants to Leave Cancer in the Dust

Precious_Cat_cats_against_cancer

When it comes to cat litter, I have yet to find a litter I like better than Dr. Elsey’s Precious Cat. This litter has been our go to litter for many years. It clumps better than any other clay litter, it has virtually no dust, and, most importantly, my cats like it. And yes, I’m well aware of the controversy around clay litter, but I’ve found that many cats don’t like the alternative litters – certainly, none of mine ever have. And no matter how much the human “in charge” may like the idea of these more environmentally friendly litters, ultimately, the cat calls the shots.

When I really like a brand, I’m always happy to see them supporting a good cause. Precious Cat Litter and the Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation (MMRF) have partnered on a campaign to raise awareness and find a cure for Multiple Myeloma, a rare form of blood cancer. Kathy Elsey, co-founder of Precious Cat Litter, was diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma in 2009, she and her husband Bruce Elsey have supported the efforts of the MMRF ever since – donating nearly 7 million dollars to support the cause.

“This is an opportunity for us to raise awareness for an organization that is making great strides towards finding a cure and advancing treatments for Multiple Myeloma,” says Dr. Bruce Elsey, co-founder of Precious Cat Products.

The campaign, “#CatsAgainstCancer” spans across Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Cat guardians can share their individual experiences and support the campaign’s mission.

precious_cat_cats_against_cancer

Save $3 on your next purchase of a
40 pound bag of Precious Cat Ultra Litter!

As part of the campaign, cat guardians can download a coupon to  save $3 on their next purchase of a 40 pound bag of Precious Cat Ultra Litter. For every $3 saved, Precious Cat will donate $3 to the MMRF.

Through this unique campaign, the Elseys hope to inspire other individuals and companies to develop similar programs. By taking an innovative approach, campaigns like #CatsAgainstCancer are able to educate the public and reinforce the critical nature of the mission – finding a cure.

To find out more about the campaign and how you can participate, visit PreciousCat.com.

About Precious Cat Products

Dr. Bruce Elsey has been a feline only veterinarian for over 30 years and his practice cares for over 8,000 cats. Nonuse of the litter box is the number one behavioral reason cats are abused, abandoned, and placed in shelters. Dr. Elsey’s goal is to provide products that help cats live happier, healthier lives and provide litter box solutions for the life of your cat. For more information, please contact them through their website. You can also find Precious Cat on Facebook.

FTC Disclosure: This is a sponsored post, which means that I was paid to feature this content. Regardless of payment received, you will only see topics on this site that I believe are of interest to my readers.

10 Comments on Cats Against Cancer: Precious Cat Litter Wants to Leave Cancer in the Dust

1. kathy davis
    October 25, 2014 at 7:37 am (5 years ago)

You forgot to mention odor control – this litter has no “scent” added and for some reason it does not even get smelly after absorption. In my opinion this is the perfect litter, and to the lady with arthritis, it’s available in smaller boxes. I love the fact that it has no dust, that’s the main reason I use it.

2. Monica Ackerman
    October 23, 2014 at 1:53 pm (5 years ago)

Honestly? A 40 pound bag of clay litter? Who would lift this up? Not me, I can’t even lift my 5-year old grand daughter onto the bed and she helps, no dead weight here. She weighs about 40 pounds. And I don’t have a man around the house, or a strong woman. One of the more compelling reasons we switched to corn based or pine based litter is that it weights practically nothing except when it’s wet and even then it’s only a fraction of the weight of clay. With that, I can handle a 13 pound bag. I should share the fact that I have arthritis in all my major joints but I’m functioning in daily life. Luckily, no one objected to the switch years ago and I had 4 cats at that time. Down to two and they are the most agreeable non-picky cats you’ll ever want to meet. Change in food, no problem, change litter, no problem, change location of litter box, no problem. They adjust seamlessly to any changes in the household. I hope this laid back attitude will still prevail when I move us into a small apartment in a senior complex in a year or so.

3. The Island Cats
    October 22, 2014 at 5:09 pm (5 years ago)

We love our Precious Cat Litter! And it’s great to see them supporting a good cause. Thanks for the coupon!

4. Chris Davis
    October 22, 2014 at 11:00 am (5 years ago)

Ingrid, this is the only litter I’ve used since I learned about it from you several years ago. I agree with everything you said about it!

October 22, 2014 at 12:13 pm (5 years ago)

I’m so glad you like this litter, Chris.

5. Fur Everywhere
    October 22, 2014 at 6:38 am (5 years ago)

This is really awesome! We went to Dr. Elsy’s practice several years ago when he was still with that clinic. I’m glad he’s doing so much good for kitties and for people.

6. Agatha
    October 22, 2014 at 5:09 am (5 years ago)

This sounds like great litter and a great cause. Unfortunately, The Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation is one of the charities shown on PETA to test on animals: http://www.humaneseal.org/search.cfm

October 22, 2014 at 6:32 am (5 years ago)

That is very unfortunate, Agatha – thanks for pointing that out.

7. Summer
    October 22, 2014 at 2:16 am (5 years ago)

This is a great cause – and how rare can this cancer really be, when my human’s boyfriend has a sister-in-law also has it?