Mews and Nips: Hero Cat Alerts Woman to Husband’s Heart Attack

hero_cat

In yet another story of a cat saving her human’s life, 15-year -old Cleo alerted her guardian, Pauline Jenkins, when her husband Richard was having a heart attack. Jenkins knew something was wrong when the normally laid-back Cleo started running up and down the stairs and behaving strangely. When Richard complained of chest pains and Cleo clambered onto the bed to be next to him, Pauline called for help. Paramedics arrived and confirmed Richard had suffered a heart attack and needed emergency treatment. Cleo received the Cats Protection 2014 Hero Cat Award for her heroics. To read more about Cleo, and the other winners in the contest, please visit the Cats Protection website.

If you missed any of the stories featured on The Conscious Cat this week, here’s a recap: on Monday, we examined whether life stages and lifestyle diets are really necessary for your cats or whether they’re just a marketing gimmick, on Tuesday, we looked at the feline diabetes epidemic, on Wednesday, we shared information about feline marking behavior, on Thursday, we looked at how cats communicate vocally, and on Friday, we reviewed a charming new book, Bailey Boat Cat.

Today’s video made me laugh out loud. If you still have an old turntable, maybe it’s time to turn it into a cat toy!

httpv://youtu.be/K7dcSr04G8s

Have a great weekend!

8 Comments on Mews and Nips: Hero Cat Alerts Woman to Husband’s Heart Attack

1. Catman
    August 16, 2014 at 8:48 pm (5 years ago)

I had a stomach bug and passed out in the bathroom, my Cats, one inside , one outside, went to the neighbors house, next door and pulled on the screen door to get her attention. With her key, she came in and got me to the E.R. . I owe my life to my 2 Cats. A Tortie and a Tom.

August 17, 2014 at 6:25 am (5 years ago)

Thank you for sharing your story, Catman.

2. Deb Barnes - Zee and Zoey
    August 16, 2014 at 11:06 am (5 years ago)

Wow.. Cleo sure is an amazing cat! And that video… so cute! This kitty puts the human DJ spin doctors to shame!

3. toni / rctees
    August 16, 2014 at 10:59 am (5 years ago)

What a great story Ingrid, thanks for sharing it! Cats don’t get nearly the credit they deserve for being so awesome!!

4. Bettylouise
    August 16, 2014 at 6:44 am (5 years ago)

Kato woke me up by jumping in the middle of my stomach. I stopped breathing at night in my sleep. I suspect when he did this I had stopped breathing. I am now using oxygen at night since I started using it he hasn’t jump on my stomach. He still wakes me up but on the side.

August 17, 2014 at 6:26 am (5 years ago)

I love hearing stories like yours, Bettylouise. Kato sure is your guardian angel!

5. Sparkle
    August 16, 2014 at 3:39 am (5 years ago)

My human hates reggae, so she was secretly happy when the kitty ruined the Bob Marley record.

August 17, 2014 at 6:26 am (5 years ago)

LOL Sparkle!