Each spring during kitten season, thousands of newborn kittens join the millions of cats already in shelters and foster homes across the country. The American Humane Association has designated June as Adopt-a-Cat Month® to help find more cats forever homes.
Even if you can’t adopt a cat, there are other ways you can help find homes for cats during Adopt-a-Cat month, and every month:
- Adopt. Visit your local shelter or contact a rescue group. The love of your life may be waiting for you.
- Donate. Donate money, or find out from your local shelter or rescue group what they need most.
- Educate yourself about behavior problems. Far too many cats are surrendered to shelters because of behavior problems that could have been solved, often with very little effort.
- Volunteer. Volunteer to socialize cats at your local shelter. Become a foster parent. Help with adoption events.
- Share adoptable cats on your social media networks.
And since we have a soft spot for torties, we are going to feature some of these beauties from around the country who are looking for their forever homes.
Do you have a young cat young cat who likes to play rough? Bubbles can hold her own in the play department. An adolescent girl who’ll sleep with you but doesn’t really want to be picked up, she’s a great playmate for another active feline. Bubbles is available for adoption from City Critters in New York City.
This little cutie is about 10 weeks old. She was found with her siblings in a Decatur, GA neighborhood. Maribelle is playful and completely litter box trained. She is a very happy baby and is going to be a fantastic cat. Maribelle loves other cats and is working on her opinion of dogs. Maribelle is available for adoption from Animal Action Rescue in Clarkston, GA.
Vixen is a little cat with a lot of personality. She greets you at the door like a puppy. She talks to you and gives you kisses, and if you don’t stop to pet her right away, she follows you around until you do. She is always right in the middle of all the action. At night she likes to sleep between the pillows, and gives you morning kisses when your alarm goes off. Vixen is available for adoption from MAS Rescue in Baltimore, MD.
7-year-old Cleo is a mellow and lovable lady who is looking for a mellow and loving home. She likes to give short chirps when she wants to be petted. She likes treats, too. Her adoption fee has been prepaid by a generous donor. Cleo is available for adoption from Tony La Russa’s Animal Rescue Foundation in Walnut Creek, CA.