MeowSpace Solves Feeding and Litter Box Problems in Multiple Pet Households

MeowSpace

Do you have a bully cat who won’t let your other cats eat in peace? Does one of your cats need a special diet?  Does your dog eat your cat’s litter box deposits? If you’re dealing with these issues, you’ve probably wondered why nobody has invented something to solve the problem. Well, now somebody has.

Casey and Berdell Moffett-Chaney and their son Corey Bruesch invented MeowSpace® after getting frustrated with their two family cats, Mitchell and Flopsey. Flopsey was becoming overweight because she would bully Mitchell away from his food. Mitchell, who is a grazer, was losing weight. They came up with the idea of creating a small cat enclosure with a selective access pet door that would allow Mitchell to enter anytime to eat, but would keep Flopsie out. Corey built the first prototype, and it worked like a charm. They named their now patented invention MeowSpace® and registered it as a trademark.

How MeowSpace® works

MeowSpace® Feeder & Litter Box Station is a clear, ventilated enclosure with a locking pet door. Only pets with an access device—a collar magnet, a collar RFID tag, or an embedded Microchip ID, can enter and have unrestricted access to their food, a litter box, or a safe haven from other pets. Pets without a programmed access device or collar magnet cannot enter. The door does not lock from the inside, so cats can easily exit, and since the unit is clear, they won’t feel trapped.

MeowSpace® fixes multiple problems

• If you have a cat who eats too fast and then goes after the other cats’ food, and another who doesn’t get enough food because she’s a slow eater or a grazer, give the slow eater or grazer access to the MeowSpace®. She’ll be able to eat in peace and at leisure, and the other cat won’t be able to access the food.
  • If you have a cat who eats a special diet, give her access to the MeowSpace®, and keep the other cats out. If you have multiple cats with special dietary needs, you can use more than one MeowSpace® (one for each particular diet).
  • If you have a dog who likes to eat your cats’ litter box deposits, put the litter box inside the MeowSpace. The cats will be able to access the litter box, the dog won’t.
  • If you have a cat who is constantly being bullied by other cats in the household, you can use the MeowSpace to create a safe zone. Place blankets or a bed along with toys and water inside the MeowSpace.

How long does it take to train cats to use MeowSpace®?

Some cats will take to it instantly, others may take a few weeks. If you work consistently with your cat, it will usually take about a week for her to get the hang of it. MeowZone’s customer service is available by phone, email or video chat to help with any questions or support in both setup and training.

Watch the video below for a brief demo of MeowSpace®:

httpv://youtu.be/_rhXApgFwho

This product has the potential to address some of the most frustrating problems in multipet households. For more information, and to purchase, please visit MeowSpace.biz.

FTC Disclosure: This is a sponsored post, which means that I was paid to feature this content. Regardless of payment received, you will only see topics on this site that I believe are of interest to my readers.

15 Comments on MeowSpace Solves Feeding and Litter Box Problems in Multiple Pet Households

1. Christina
    August 4, 2016 at 10:37 am (3 years ago)

Man, why haven’t I come across this earlier!

This could work wonders for my youngest cat that gets it food taken off him all the time.

August 5, 2016 at 12:37 pm (3 years ago)

I hope it works for you, Christina!

2. Sarah carpenter
    January 25, 2016 at 10:35 pm (3 years ago)

I need this on so many levels. I have a pushy cat that won’t let another one eat. The small one isn’t getting enough anymore, and I am actually worried about her health. I want to put her on kitten chow, to hep her gain weight, but the others will eat that too, and they definitely don’t need it. Oh, and as a safe place to pee, my little one would love it too. Oh, I dream of this.

• Casey Moffett-Chaney
      January 26, 2016 at 11:28 am (3 years ago)

Sara, if you decide to order one, enter FOM in the coupon code field and you’ll get the “Friend Of MeowSpace” discount.

• Sarah
        January 26, 2016 at 10:19 pm (3 years ago)

I will kep this information. I wish I could order today, but my husband just retired and we will be penny pinching for a while. When I have enough socked away, I will be back. I honestly have started thinking about trying to find another home for her. I love her to death, and it would break my heart, but if the other cat won’t let her eat, it isn’t fair to her. I have tried all the tricks, and I can’t lock anyone away while they eat because sometime we fed them on the run. Well, I will keep this in mind, and hopefully I will be able to get it before I have to find her a better home

3. Casey
    April 17, 2014 at 11:27 am (5 years ago)

Cleaning is amazingly easy. Flip the lid up and hand vacuum, or use a sponge.

4. Glogirly and Katie
    April 17, 2014 at 10:21 am (5 years ago)

I think it sounds like a wonderful idea! What you describe is exactly what’s been going on here lately. Waffles snarfs down his food and then trots right over to Katie’s dish. She’s a slow eater and if Waffles horns in, she just steps away and lets him have his way with her breakfast or dinner.

I even have Waffles’ food positioned up high on a cat tower on the opposite side of our main floor from where Katie eats. It worked when he was smaller, but not so much now.

I’d be curious how easy it is to keep the MeowSpace clean.

thanks!
    ~Glogirly

5. Andrea and the Celestial Kitties
    April 15, 2014 at 5:37 pm (5 years ago)

Is it only one size? It doesnt seem large enough for a litter box. How large is that kitty? Mine is huge and I wonder how he’d get in there. it seems like a great idea and would solve lots of problems!
    How do the humans get in there, does the top come off?

• Casey
      April 15, 2014 at 5:54 pm (5 years ago)

Hi Andrea,

The MeowSpace® comes in one size right now, and we also take special orders if asked.

The kitty in the picture (Mitchell the MeowSpace@ Cat) is part Maine coon and quite tall. We have full bred Norwegian Forrest cats using it successfully, and we have had no one tell us up to now that it is too small. Regarding entry, the doors are made for all sizes of cats, and even the biggest ones can get in because cats are able to move and adjust their shoulder and rib bones, unlike us!, which is how they manage to get into some amazingly small places. We use the the best doors to make sure they work consistently well, and we support the product fully.

It is risk free. If it doesn’t work for you, we refund both the product expense and the shipping.

The top is hinged and flips open for easy access to change food or litter.

6. Casey
    April 15, 2014 at 2:27 pm (5 years ago)

Fortunately, our company fully supports every door that goes out. If there is a problem with any of the systems, magnetic or microchip based (very rare), we send a new one out before you send your old one back!

7. Margot C
    April 15, 2014 at 12:51 pm (5 years ago)

That looks like such a great idea. Ingrid did you try it in your house?

I hate to be a naysayer, but my experience (my over $200 experience) with those locking pet doors is that:
    (a.) First and foremost they simply don’t work, they just don’t function most of the time
    (b.) When my cat was able to open the door his tail got stuck because the hard plastic door (it’s not a flap, obviously) would close on his tail unless he bolted through the closing door. He REALLY hated that and then didn’t want to use the door. I have no idea how the cat in the picture could avoid having his tail get stuck in the tiny space.
    (c.) The magnetic tag – which must be very precisely positioned to trigger the overhead sensor – is GIGANTIC so sort of a hard thing for a cat to wear, not to mention ugly
    (d.) The gigantic ugly tag can only be written on with sharpie, and so is covered with ugly scrawl no matter how nice your handwriting is. In spite of being huge, it’s not huge enough to contain the word ‘Leonardo’ and a phone number. You can only scrawl on one side.
    (e.) If your cat is wearing the gigantic plastic magnetic sensor tag he can have no other tags, VERY IMPORTANT they say, no metal tags. So, obviously you are supposed to discard any nice tags that you might already have.
    (f) Having a chip in your cat is supposed to solve all of the above problems; it does not.

So, unless these doors have been radically redesigned I don’t see how this can work.

April 15, 2014 at 1:04 pm (5 years ago)

I did not test the unit, Margot. I have heard positive feedback from a feline vet who uses a microchip door, but I don’t have personal experience with them.

• Margot C
        April 15, 2014 at 1:35 pm (5 years ago)

Gosh, now I feel odd about itemizing my bad experience with them. Maybe they have been updated or redesigned or something!

8. Marg
    April 15, 2014 at 10:36 am (5 years ago)

That sounds like a great idea. I bet that will sell nicely. Unfortunately it probably won’t work for me since I have so many cats. I have a picture of my house lined with those boxes. LOL.
    Have a great day.

• Donna Christopher
      April 15, 2014 at 2:46 pm (5 years ago)

I agree! It would fantastic, but with 10 of different ages and needs, I’d need a houseful of Meow Spaces, just for feeding, then at least 2 or 3 for safe zones. Litter boxes aren’t really a problem, but maybe 1 for my finicky user.