Allegra and Ruby Are Interviewed for a Research Project on Feline Personalities

internet_cat_personalities

We were recently contacted by Conscious Cat reader Jacob Turner, a student at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, who is researching online feline personalities. He already interviewed Mayor Stubbs, Tuxedo Stan and Hank for Senate, and he invited Allegra and Ruby to be part of this project.

It’s a good thing I knew to get out of the way when I told the girls, because they would have mowed me down in their rush to get to the computer to answer the questions!

1.  What advice do you have for bright kittens considering a blog?

Allegra: They need to have something important to say. It’s not enough to just be cute. Even though humans like to admire cats on the internet, they also want to learn from us – and we have so much to teach humans. Blogging kitties also need to have staying power. It’s not enough to just blog once or twice, and then rest on their tuna, I mean laurels. It’s hard work to build a loyal following, and it can really cut into a cat’s nap time.

Ruby: As long as you’re cute, you can rule the blogging world.

2.  Who has been your biggest inspiration and why?

Allegra: Our mom! She blogs every day, and spends a lot of time making our Facebook page fun for our fans. She also gets that we cats have a lot to teach humans about how to live a happy life.

Ruby: Treats! We get treats after we write our posts.

3.  What are some favorite books, movies, plays, and/or TV shows?

Allegra: Well, of course Mom’s books are my favorite. Especially Purrs of Wisdom, since I’m in it. But I also like books by some of Mom’s friends, like Gwen Cooper, who wrote a bestseller about a blind kitten and a novel (that means she made it up) about another cat, and Clea Simon, who writes murder mysteries featuring cats. And then there’s that book about an English cat who saved her human, something about a street cat, I think his name is Bob. I love books where cats make humans’ lives better!

Ruby: Hey, I’m on the cover of Purrs of Wisdom! I don’t read as much as Allegra does, but I do watch TV with Mom every night. I like to sleep in her lap while she watches TV, so I don’t really know what we’re watching.

4.  How do you feel about the rise of feline power, and how do you see that power shaping the world in the future?

Allegra: Power to the Paw! The world will be a better place once cats are in charge – and make no mistake, cats will be in charge. Today, the internet, tomorrow, the world! Unlike humans, we are peaceful, enlightened creatures. In a world ruled by us, everyone would have enough to eat, there would be no guns and no wars, and there would be no more homeless cats.

Ruby: Tuna! There would be tuna for everyone!

5.  Who would you love to have dinner with? What would you eat and where?

Allegra: I would like to have dinner with Aragon, the cat who plays Lord Tubbington on Glee. Mom has met him and says he’s a healer kitty, and that in addition to being an actor cat, he visits hospitals and nursing homes. I‘ve seen pictures of him, and he’s really handsome, and I think it’s so cool that he’s a therapy cat. I think we would make a beautiful couple…. Oh, you want to know what I would eat, and where? Who cares. It’s the company that counts. I’d even share my dinner with him, because that’s the kind of girl I am. So I guess that means he’d have to come to my house.

Ruby: I would eat mountains and mountains of tuna! And I wouldn’t share it with anyone!

6.  What are some mistakes that have shaped your worldview or public platforms?

Allegra: Cats don’t make mistakes.

Ruby: I occasionally miss the top platform when I race up our cat tree, and I topple down the other side… I vote for bigger cat trees!

7. If you could say only one sentence to a potential new or existing follower, what would you like them to know?

Allegra: Open your heart to the love of a cat, and your life will never be the same.

Ruby: Tuna for everyone!

13 Comments on Allegra and Ruby Are Interviewed for a Research Project on Feline Personalities

September 25, 2013 at 6:28 pm (6 years ago)

What a great interview. Wonderful questions and answers.

2. Ingrid
    September 25, 2013 at 3:56 pm (6 years ago)

I’m glad all of you are enjoying Allegra and Ruby’s views! Here’s to a world ruled by cats!

3. Viki Worden
    September 25, 2013 at 1:39 pm (6 years ago)

What an awesome interview! The differences in your personalities certainly shine through in this interview Allegra and Ruby! Ruby, my fur kids would eat tuna non-stop if I let them. I heard that a lot of tuna isn’t good for you guys so I don’t give them much. Allegra, I am with you in regards to question #4. I believe maybe I was a cat in a previous life, because I would love a world without war, or guns or worries about food, etc. I will stand with you when kitties do take over. I will look forward to it. I think you and Ruby, along with other animals, could probably do a better job at running the world then the way it is now. If you wouldn’t mind having wildlife helping you too, I think they would be a good asset. Let me know when the time is coming so I can be happy again! It is always a pleasure reading your views on things Allegra and Ruby. I am sure my four, Meeko, Princess, Cisco and Sam share similar views.

Thank you for sharing!

• MissyToby
      September 25, 2013 at 7:00 pm (6 years ago)

I love Allegra’s #4 and #7 answers, to the latter I totally agree because I thing it’s a big truth, enjoyed the whole post too, thank you, girls!

4. Dona K.
    September 25, 2013 at 12:21 pm (6 years ago)

Speaking of favorite books and kitty world dominance, one of my faves is ‘Catacombs:
    A Tale of the Barque Cats’ by Anne McCaffrey, and the sequel ‘Catalyst’. It’s sort of a sci-fi kitty drama. As described on my library’s site: “The barque cats, mistaken for a public health hazard, flee Earth for the feline-dominated planet, Mau, with the help of Pshaw-Ra, a mysterious cat with his own spaceship. Oddly, no one–including the humans–is bothered that he plans to take over the universe on behalf of felinekind.” I’m sure Ruby and Allegra would enjoy this tale. After all, why settle for the world, when you can have the universe? 🙂

5. Nancy Blue Moon
    September 25, 2013 at 11:00 am (6 years ago)

I kind of get the idea that Ruby likes tuna..mol..

6. Texas
    September 25, 2013 at 9:43 am (6 years ago)

Oh Ruby! I am your biggest fan =^.^= Loved your answers!
    Purrs

7. Caren Gittleman
    September 25, 2013 at 9:10 am (6 years ago)

Oh what a FUN POST!!!!!!! I so thoroughly enjoyed this! I agree, “Open your heart to the love of a cat, and your life will never be the same.”

and thank goodness for Ruby, saving me about “cute!” 🙂

8. toni / rctees
    September 25, 2013 at 9:07 am (6 years ago)

Thanks for the morning chuckle!!
    “Cats don’t make mistakes”….love it : )

9. Bopeeps
    September 25, 2013 at 8:48 am (6 years ago)

I think someone has a crush on Lord Tubbington. You go girl!

Rikki

10. Lynda
    September 25, 2013 at 7:18 am (6 years ago)

Well said, ladies!

11. Pat Wolesky
    September 25, 2013 at 6:41 am (6 years ago)

Hmm, there seems to be a theme to Ruby’s comments – LOL!

12. Jobi and Fisher
    September 25, 2013 at 5:23 am (6 years ago)

Excellent! Allegra you are a great teacher. You mom follows your advice splendidly. And Ruby – we know that you know things, too! Best quote of the day: “Cats don’t make mistakes”!